Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Every color is hot down here. I usually bring a couple of beach towels and cover the seats while fishing. My carpet is light gray and really doesn’t get that hot on the wood parts of the deck but the gray carpeted aluminum lids will get really hot in summer.

2. Member
    I just man up and fish.

3. Member
    I put millennium marine seats in mine, no more problems with hot seats. They also dry out quick, and are very comfortable.

4. Member
    My carpet is a light brown, or tan color. I t does not bother me. My seats are green and tan. They do get very warm but not unbearable. On the flip side, I don't fish much in July and August. Maybe a trip or two for hybrids early in the morning at that time of year. I am usually done bass fishing by Memorial Day.

5. Member
    wear clothes and shoes
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher View Post
    wear clothes and shoes
    User name checks out.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    User name checks out.
    there is tread on the part you walk on!
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

8. Member
    Now we're required to wear shoes, and even clothes to fish? Talk about a no fun bunch...

My first bass boat had tan carpet and was easy on the feet. The last couple were grey and noticeably hotter on the peds.

9. Member
    I ordered my seats and carpet Burgundy to match the boat. Ended up not matching my Burgundy at all so I did all tan seats and carpet. Probably good I did since I live in Texas hahaha. They have been great so far but didn't have it in the heat of summer.

10. Member
    Being a VERY southern guy (Aussie) I prefer a mid to dark grey deck - on a light deck there’s too much reflected light. It doesn’t seem to get any hotter underfoot, and as for seats, well, I usually wear pants so that solves the problem (mine have never been a solid colour if they where upholstered, if they where plastic or just metal thwarts then they where grey)

11. Lost in Desert.......Help
    Here's my answer.

Best,

Seats.jpg

12. Dogfish_Jones
    I usually have my life vest in the seat. But then again, I’ve also had my vest pop off a few times sitting in the sun and heat. Scared the crap out of me every time too.

Quote Originally Posted by BRNut View Post
    Here's my answer.

Best,

Seats.jpg
    COOL and comfy.

14. Member
    I just make sure the boys aren't hanging out the bottom of my shorts and go fishing.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I just make sure the boys aren't hanging out the bottom of my shorts and go fishing.
    Stop wearing your wife's daisy dukes and problem solved!!.. weirdo.

See a lot of dark color new boats. Look good on the showroom floor. I don't think most people take in consideration that black or dark colors get hot. There is a dramatic difference between lighter colors are way better in the heat. Adjust to it? Man up? Nah Ill use the ole noggin and buy a lighter color boat and ENJOY my time.
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

16. Member
    I cover my seat with a full sized white beach towel. As far as the carpet goes I wear shoes with socks . I don't fish barefooted or in flip flops.
    GETFISHED !!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennyg View Post
    I lay a bath towel on the seat. It works fine.
    This!

Dark Carpet is not an issue when it comes to heat and it hides all kinds of stains. The seats will be an issue but i take a towel and lay it over the seat. If you use a full size life vest and not an auto inflate that will work too!!!
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

19. Member
    Dark colors are a hell no for me even up here in the great north east. Remind my self every once in a while when I go over to a friends boat after a tourney and lean on it to chat and burn off a layer of skin on there dark color. I wish you could get a flake white or off white flake color like on same cars. Plain white is to boring for me and also the flake hides scratches.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    My last 4-5 boats have been darker colored and it gets pretty hot here in Texas. Its not a big deal. When its hot outside here everything is hot. Not just the boat. You just adapt.
    this is exactly right. I’m originally from up north and people ask me how I can handle the cold, it’s not that big of deal, just just do what you have to do. I like dark colors, my boat is not necessarily dark, but my last three trucks have been black, and my next one will be as well. I have auto start, and cooling seats.. it doesn’t bother me a bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast