Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How long is too long to wait?

I ordered a side by side in early October and put a deposit down. Due to everything that’s going on I was told it wasn’t expected until early December. December came and I was told it’s not going to be here till January. Now a couple weeks into January I’m told it “might” ship the week of the 25th....won’t see it till at least February.
    I’m starting to get frustrated with the wait... hunting season has passed, ice fishing will be coming to a end, and the boat will be coming back home soon.
    I still want the machine but is it fair to expect any deductions for the very late delivery?
    Sorry if that came off as a rant or if I’m whining
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

2. Moderator
    Everything is the same with this pandemic. Production is way down.

I guess it depends on if it's available any sooner somewhere else. I don't think I'd start over with another dealer just to have to get back in at the end of the line.

I went and looked at a new pontoon yesterday and the guy told me the company wasn’t taking any new orders till August. I’ll hang on till the economy isn’t so good

5. Member
    Don't know what brand your buying but we haven't had much inventory since sep. When we do get somethings it is only one unit instead of multiple units. Those our few and far between. Since sep we have only received a total of 5. We also sell tractors - we have had no units since Aug. Telling us it may be apr before we get any. So bad we added another brand just to get 4 units. Same issue with parts.

6. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    What brand? I’m guessing Pioneer.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    The long time between Christmas/New Years until Easter can get pretty dreary in the Upper Midwest especially in February so getting the side by side in late Jan or early Feb would be something to look forward too.

Besides if you pass on this one because of delays that are completely out of the dealer's control someone else will snap it up immediately and be enjoying it while you are still stewing about delays. Remember you didn't order it especially for this winter's activities.

Wait for your new vehicle while thinking of all the fun you'll have with it and quit listening to all the Grouchy TW, BPS, USPS, UPS, Fed Ex Rants on here and end up making an impulsive decision.

8. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Sucks it's taking so long but to answer your question, no you're not getting any deductions. They'll just sell it to the next guy for full price.

You live in Minnesota - you'll still have 6 weeks of ice fishing if it gets to you in Feb.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

9. Banned
    Yeah I think that I would sit tight and wait rather than possibly going through the same thing again.

10. Member
    Under *normal* conditions I would ask for a slight credit for the wait. But these are obviously not normal times op. I would imagine the factory is working to get these out the best they can under whatever restrictions they're currently under. I certainly wouldn't blame the dealership as they aren't making the darn thing.

Not sure about this industry, but I can tell you that supply chains across almost all manufacturing sectors are having major issues. It's pretty bad in aviation too...raw materials, components, hardware etc. We're having issues all over the place. Certainly understand the frustration though...I'd feel the same way.

12. Member
    I have been told after committing to buy a new heat pump that it will be a couple of weeks because of COVID. Meanwhile my upstairs is running on heat strips. I sometimes wonder if some businesses use COVID as an excuse?

13. Member
    Went to lazy boy today for a recliner. Was told 20 weeks before it will be delivered

14. Banned
    Yep, patience grasshopper is a virtue whether it is a side by side, bass boat, truck, house, rifle, fishing rod, wife, winning lottery ticket, etc., etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    I have been told after committing to buy a new heat pump that it will be a couple of weeks because of COVID. Meanwhile my upstairs is running on heat strips. I sometimes wonder if some businesses use COVID as an excuse?
    Because making customers upset is a good business model?
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    Because making customers upset is a good business model?
    I'm not sure that's what he said?
    I could be wrong though

17. Member
    The gun industry is swamped right now and a custom ordered side by side is likely not high on their list to build. Too many pumps and over under models to build that will sell quicker than they can make them.

18. Banned
    I wouldn’t expect any deductions as it’s a nationwide issue. I know a couple of dealers and the stuff people want is on back order

I picked mine up last weekend and dealer said they have deposits on over 225 machines that have not been delivered yet.

20. Member
    Sit tight , be patient and wait. It will come. It is not the dealers fault that things are so wonky. And it may be summer before it how up. Use it next year and go on your way. I have been waiting on the 15 inch Helix since October. Bought my new boat in September. Could not find Gen 3 helix's then. The 15 is now postponed until march and probably will get pushed back again. That's my current pickle. Joe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast