2003 Mercury Optimax - Nema Humminbird help

Need some guidance and did not find it in the search and struggling to get help on the inner web. I am trying to connect my 2003 Mercury 135L Optimax to one of my Helix 9's. I have the Nema starter kit and the HB backbone to the graph, but can not figure the cable from the motor to the nema backbone. Also trying to figure out what I am expected to be able to see once I get it all hooked up, Seems like what I read is conflicting.

2. Member
    have you tried HUMMINGBIRD forum others there will have more info for ya, gonna depend on gages avialble on unit
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You cannot connect direct to NMEA-2000 from the engine. You must have a Smartcraft Compatible engine and network in place with a Smartcraft Device that supports NMEA-2000.

What is your engine serial number?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor