Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    In the past.. if you sent suggestions you did receive an acknowledgement. At the moment I thought that maybe the angler's voice was actually being heard. Come to find out it was a canned response because I know of 3 other people who received the exact, word for word email. The issue that had been brought up at the time was the ID card issue. ID cards at one time were not being checked and there were people fishing who had never served in the military. I believe this issue has been corrected but it went on for 3-4 years.

Well the Governor closed all public ramps in March of last year due to Covid, but there was a BFL there in June, an Elite event in Oct and there's a BFL later this month. I have a call in to the Director of Tourism and waiting on a callback. Maybe we can get the full story. If we change, then we change, but at least be upfront and honest with the anglers who support this tourney year in and year out. I don't think that's too much to ask.
    09 20x3 w/Merc 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Retafsp View Post
    Well the Governor closed all public ramps in March of last year due to Covid, but there was a BFL there in June, an Elite event in Oct and there's a BFL later this month. I have a call in to the Director of Tourism and waiting on a callback. Maybe we can get the full story. If we change, then we change, but at least be upfront and honest with the anglers who support this tourney year in and year out. I don't think that's too much to ask.

AMEN!!!

The Director of Tourism did return my call and this is what I was told. She stated that ABA made the decision to move to Black's and they had nothing to do with it. She did go on to say they discourage large gatherings but there's really no way they can enforce it. I informed her we rarely have a crowd at our weigh ins....mostly some locals who happen to know there's a tournament going on and come out to watch the weigh in. After speaking with her, I then called the ABA home office. Ended up leaving my name and number because the lady who answered couldn't help me at all. Morris Sheehan called me to explain the change, stating they had to change because they couldn't use some of the facilities located at the ramp. If they're going to hand out a bag nasty I don't see that as an issue. I told him I had spoken with Tiffany (Dir. of Tourism) and he said that's who he had been communicating with. I also told him they still have those dates set aside for us. He then said that it may be the Chamber who controls it and that he would check into it. I did express my disgust at changing to a one lane ramp with no parking from a 6 lane ramp with plenty of parking. I don't expect anything to come of this but we shall see.

If the current ramp can’t be switched back then maybe they would consider the use of trailer to other ramps after check in. Especially with these water/stumps, tress.. just something to think about.
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

Dave, I agree....but not sure I'd want to drive to Black's then drive to another ramp. We're considering launching at the ramp inside the canal and motoring to Black's every morning for takeoff. As it is now the house we've rented is an hour drive to Black's. We will prob use John C. Land during practice for 2 days and go to Black's one day just to get a trail on the GPS.

Might want to rethink things if you or someone you know is staying at this location..

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1120207

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1120204

We had reservations here but have since canceled.. They still haven’t refunded me my deposit! Turned it over to the credit card..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

Dave, I saw a thread on this place a couple days ago. Seems the owner is a real dick!!

9. Member
    Our Club Creekside puts on an annual tournament out of Blacks every year. This past April 10th we had 129 boats fish out of blacks, and it went on with out a hitch. Blacks is really the best location because it puts you right in the middle of both lakes.

It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12