Thread: Ghost install

Ghost install

20201224_151816.jpg20210118_165547.jpg20210118_161148.jpg20210118_160934.jpg

Been a long install. Added a hds 12 carbon as well that i picked up from my good friend. I offset the 1042 garmin about 1 inch on the BBT(6inch) mount to give a touch more room at the pedal. No trouble hitting the anchor button. Added a clam shell on the BCB panel to run a couple of the cables through.
    I will say even with the 4.25" acess panel i cut awhile back it was still a pain! I machined a bracket for the tee connectors(nema) that bolted to the bow tie down bolt from the inside(forgot to get a pic) before i put the panel cover back on. Mounted heading over my cup holder( ideal came from Catdude)The area i installed the puck was checked with a magnometer. Added a troll tamer where my existing stop was on my fortrex . The lock is easily accessible that i can unlock with my foot. I'm not quite done though still tidying up wires in my locker and putting the dash mount back in.
    Last edited by Redngoo; 01-18-2021 at 09:44 PM.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

2. Member
    Very nice set up. Man you guys are handy I would blow something up LOL!

3. Member
    Good job Redngoo! All looks good.

4. Member
    Great job Red
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    Looks really good, I feel for basscat with some of these older hulls and what guy's are trying to do up front now. I just don't know how much more can be jammed up there on all these boats. Saw a guy with a 12 inch steel pipe up front holding two 12 inch graphs, I guess he doesn't run the kind of water I do. I like seeing all the ingenuity though. Well done.

6. Member
    why the lock? don't trust the oem lock to secure the motor?

7. Member
    For me i just did not want to marr another round spot in the carpet. Plus i night fish quite a bit and just didnt want a tripping hazard in the middle of the floor as where i located. The ghost seems to have alot of slack in the locked position. It can be adjusted out with the factory "kickstand" though raisesthe back of the troller up considerably for my liking. Plus for me in a p2 where i located the lock i dont have to worry about breaking a rod or reel. Im not even using the factory "kickstand". I think the ghost and ultrex fall short in this area. They are cumbersome and cheap looking. Keep in mind just my opinon. Being a machinist i will say the troll tamer is a nice product.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    why the lock? don't trust the oem lock to secure the motor?
    The bounce buster on the MK motors only prevents downward movement of the motor. Sounds like the Garmin is similar. The Troll Tamer prevents both up and down movement of the troller, and, is much more secure. I had one on each of my previous Cats, and IMO is hands down the best lockdown around. Unfortunately even the shortest one available will not fit on my current Classic because there is not enough room between the deck and bottom of the mount. (However, I recently saw a mod where somebody added it to the end of the bounce buster, and, may be something that I try this season).
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member
    Catdude. I took the 2 .750" to ?( cant rember the number). Still had to machine a little the body and the stud. I seen the viedo your talking about good idea but all i could think about was catching my toe on it and taking a swim.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor