Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Question Aerial Image Mapping??

Was looking at some YT videos last week and come across some guys going over lake maps and this one is on a Garmin unit and has the aerial maps. I dont see contours, would this be a custom made map or a feature that's on the mapping card??

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Possibly garmin land based gps mapping. That looks like birds eye view on garmin hand held. I know some of they’re mapping can be bluetoothed to another device,normally a phone or tablet.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

3. Member
    Do those units support kmz formatted maps now? I'am using a Garmin e-trex, where I marked the boundaries of the districts for which I own a fishing licence (The lake is split in many tracts) on georeferenced satellite images. Would be very nice if thos kmz files work on my Echomap Ultra now.

That is a Standard Mapping product, specifically the Pre-Impoundment card with historical imagery of the reservoir bottom.

https://www.standardmap.com/
    Garmin Pro Team