Thread: Bunk Boards?

Bunk Boards?

I have a 2005 Bass Cat P4 and the trailer needs new bunk boards. I know bass Cat cuts them down, but what size? If anyone in the Houston area does them please let me know. I would order them from Bass Cat, but the delivery time is 2-6 weeks or longer.

the trim is 5/8” on the cut and the ends are chamfered at a 45 degree cut, half way on the board, about 3/4”. The front is tapered for cosmetics on trailer itself. They just look better trimmed.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    the trim is 5/8” on the cut and the ends are chamfered at a 45 degree cut, half way on the board, about 3/4”. The front is tapered for cosmetics on trailer itself. They just look better trimmed.
    You guys sure make this a drinking process, but it’s a dang good trailer. Thanks for the info.

4. Member
    I changed mine a few months back, it's 100% my opinion to just order from bass cat, they're cut, they're carpeted, and all you have to do is drill pilot holes for hardware and worth the wait. Just make sure you order the correct color carpet - don't ask.

5. Member
    For a puma trailer, if it applies to your trailer, took a 2x6x10 for the outside bunks, cut that in half using a table saw. used a 2x6x6 cut that in half for the inside bunks. Applied carpet with glue and stapled the seams together. Hung the ends off the back of the trailer 4 3/4" off the back bracket once centered and bolted it in. Then moved to the middle did the same thing. Got to the front, boat was sitting back on the bunks by now, used a come-along and hooked it to the very tip of the bunk and pulled it to the bracket until centered and bolted it in. Did the same thing again for the opposite side. Didn't cut the boards at an angle at the front, saw no need to. Boat loads perfectly. Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by JPeesy View Post
    I changed mine a few months back, it's 100% my opinion to just order from bass cat, they're cut, they're carpeted, and all you have to do is drill pilot holes for hardware and worth the wait. Just make sure you order the correct color carpet - don't ask.
    Received my factory bunk boards this week. #1 - Very heavy. #2 - Very well made. Considering material costs + my time to build something even remotely as nice as the bunks I received I figure I got a bargain. And I was able to order them during the $1.00 shipping special at Christmas.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"