Thread: Tulsa

Tulsa

Family and I are wanting to get the family out of Illinois and are looking at the communities outside of Tulsa. Skiatook/Owasso look to be good areas far enough away from the big city but close enough to enjoy. Skiatook the best bass lake in that area? Kinda close to Grand and Eufala....

2. Banned
    Far as I know Skiatook has to rate at the bottom or close to the bottom in Oklahoma for bass. Their are a lot of great lakes within a 1-2 hour drive. Skiatook was awesome back when I was a kid (80's) not sure what happened to it we nicknamed it the dead sea. Personally I think the state screwed it up with hybrids.

3. Member
    Tulsa vicinity is a great area. On the edge of the Ozark Mt range...think lots of hills & valleys; makes for great lakes. West toward OKC is flatter with red dirt...less attractive & fewer big lakes. Within 1 hour of Tulsa have tons of lakes like Grand (55,000 acres one of top 10 bass lakes in region), Eufala (much bgger & top 10 crappie lake in country), plus Ft Gibson, Hudson, Tenkiller, Keystone, Sardis (big bass lake). All are big lakes. Lots of fishing.

4. Member
    I have a buddy that moved to Claremore Ok outside of Tulsa, loves it and he says great fishing nearby.

I live in Skiatook, There are over 20 lakes, big and small within hour and half.

6. Member
    I live on keystone. Lots of hybrids, sandies, crappie, and few stripers. Lots of large mouth bass too, just not big ones. A 5-6lber is huge for keystone. I enjoy gibson and hudson for bigger bass, grand is farther away.
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

7. Member
    Bartlesville north of Tulsa is a great town to raise a family.

8. Member
    Thanks for the advice!

9. Member
    grove oklahoma is awesome. 70 miles northeast of tulsa..70 miles in any direction u have super bass fishing...Grand,Table rock,Beaver,Skitook,etc. great little town
    TrackerUser

Kids play sports? Band? Owasso and Jenks are the best for football. Broken Arrow is getting better but has a topped ranked band every year. Jenks and Broken Arrow are attached to Tulsa whereas Owasso is 10 minutes away.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

My BIL is wanting to move to Coweta, Good Schools and Growing Area, 30 minutes from Gibson, 15 or unless minutes to the River.. 1 hour to the other lakes.. 30 minutes of less to downtown Tulsa..