Replacement for 2500FA ci4+ With switchable anti-reverse?

Finally got my hands on two new GLX rods and “need” two new spinners to go with them. Please no debate on the merits of backreeling, it’s how I like to fish and manage drag. Since Shimano has done away with switchable anti reverse on reels in this price range, I’m open to introducing an interloper into the rod locker. Thoughts from anybody who has fished the Tatula or Ballistic LT, especially as compared to recent generations of the Stradic as I have not fished Daiwa since the heydays of the Old Tournament SS.

My spinning reels also must have an anti-reverse so I can backreel. I’ve gone to Pflueger President reels and never looked back.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    I would look for a previous Gen Shimano in clean condition within your budget range...and you can likely go up in Shimano's tier offering as well since a used reel will have already depreciated a bit. Just bear in mind that Shimano doesn't have a lot of parts support for products over 10 years old, while Daiwa and Abu has longer factory parts support as well as a strong after-market presence.

What is your budget range?

4. Member
    Shimano lost me when they got rid of the anti-reverse switch. Went over to higher end Diawa and am very pleased.

5. Member
    Daiwa Ballistic is what you want. I'm a backreeler myself. I have several of the first gen Ci4s and a couple of Ballistics I honestly can't say I favor one over the other.

6. Moderator
    Ive got a shimano Stradic 2500 FJ I'd sell. It's the last stradic made with the anti Reverse switch. Mechanically it's 10/10 and cosmetically it's also a solid 10. It's only been used maybe a handful of trips. Anyone who knows me knows my stuff.....Let me know.

7. Member
    $200-$250

I’d rather not go down the rabbit hole chasing one-off used reels. Nothing against used, but I need 2 now and would like to have a new standard that I will build off of as my Stradic FH’s start to age out.

I’ll take a hard look at the Pflueger and Ballistics

thanks

8. Member
    Ballistics and TackleTrap for a great price when you decide.

It will sound crazy for the price point, but get your hands on a Daiwa BG before you decide. They MSRP around $110 (can be had cheaper) and are absolutely incredible reels for the money, and they're damn good reels at any price point. I have a few of them as well as a Tatula LT, and I prefer the BGs to my Tatula by a fairly wide margin. The only reason they don't compete with the higher priced models more readily is that they're a little heavier.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34