Ultrex power switch

Bought my 112 Ultrex in June 2017. After about 1 1/2 years the on/off power switch was replaced under warranty. I am now having problems again. The motor doesn't turn off when I turn the switch off. I always store the boat with the circuit breaker off. When I flip the breaker on the motor powers on even if the switch is in the off position.

I'm glad it is staying on rather than refusing to turn on (so far)...

I recall someone on here saying they fixed this by cleaning the switch. Have any of you done this? Does anyone know of any videos showing to clean or replace the switch?
    Thanks for your help.

2. Member
    Use a small screw driver to get under the edge of the switch and pry it up and out. Takes very little effort. Then unplug the two white wires and take the switch to your local Napa auto parts store. They will have a quality switch to replace it with for about 4 bucks and fish on my friend. I’ve fixed several of em this way.

3. Member
    Mine was doing the same. It was a loose crimp on one of the two wires going into the switch. Common issue and easy fix. Try that before replacing the switch.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    If you go to NAPA remember this switch is closed for off and normally open for on. Just the opposite of 99% of word's switches.

5. Member
    So the switch just pries out from the outside?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    So the switch just pries out from the outside?
    I accessed mine by unscrewing the bottom plate off, but, I have heard others have just been able to pry it off from the top.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Member
    I have fixed a few by using dielectric grease on the switch post. I use the small tube made by permatex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    I have fixed a few by using dielectric grease on the switch post. I use the small tube made by permatex.
    Fixed mine..