Thread: Motor Bogs

Motor Bogs

2002 90ELPTO Mercury 90 HP 2 Stroke serial no - 0T527526

I didn't have this boat last winter and since I have have had it, it's ran great with some advice from here. Now, since our "cold weather" is here it has created a slight problem. On the cold mornings, 40 to 50 deg or so it wants to bog when apply throttle. I prime the bulb, push key prime, and start the motor, let it warm up some, and hit the throttle to plane quick and baaaaaa. I have to restart it, let it warm up some more, the same effect. The only way to get on plane is slowly apply the throttle, which in some places I can't because it's shallow and need on plane quick. Up to the cold getting here this was never an issue. I know there is no manual running choke like on the old vehicles and boats, but is there something I'm missing, or something I need to check into. Getting irritating...

2. Member
    try opening air mix adjustment 1/4 turn (counter clockwise ) on each carb see if it helps
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks, I'll do that this weekend

4. Member
    sounds like its lil lean low speed
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Worked like a charm, thanks

6. Member
    sure it did i could hear it from here alot of times shops will set carbs to lean trying to make mtr run just a lil to smooth they need to idle tick on the rough side