Thread: Engine Problem

Engine Problem

Engine Ser #2B691126

Recently traded into a new boat. Noted a small oil slick on each startup around motor in the water. After, sitting overnight the next time I pulled it out, it noted a small bit of oil towards the front bottom of the cowl. Had less than 20 hrs on the motor. Took it into a dealer who has already filed a Pre-Authorization for specific repairs. As of right now, it is unknown as to the exact nature of the repair but they indicated I would be getting a new Power Head. More to follow
    Last edited by KP1923; 01-18-2021 at 12:42 PM.
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sounds like they are on top of whatever was occurring there.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Sounds like they are on top of whatever was occurring there.
    Appreciate the reply. Will report back what I find out.
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

4. Member
    Update on my engine. Appears it was a manufacturing defect in the block. Mercury is sending a complete power head, as they want the defective one to analyze. They stood by their product, so I am happy about it. All under warranty.
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor