hook storage ideas

been spending the winter organizing built a shelving for the molds but am looking for a better way to store hooks and misc items any good ideas, right now just keeping them all in the bags in a tote

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    been spending the winter organizing built a shelving for the molds but am looking for a better way to store hooks and misc items any good ideas, right now just keeping them all in the bags in a tote
    I use the deep Plano boxes.

3. Member
    I saw an idea where someone used the diaper safety pins for single hooks. I now use it myself. Keeps them organized in my hook box. Just open the pin, pull a hook off, then close it back and put it back in the compartment.

4. Member
    I use 2”x3” baggie you can get at a hobby/craft store for very cheap. Hooks are separated by style and size. Like-style hooks are placed in the same compartment. I’m my 3600 Plano box, only 4 spots are for hooks (flipping, EWG, Drop Shot/wacky, Tube/swimbait). That frees up the remaining box for everything else. More organized, helps prevent rusting, less compartments used means more storage.. I went from having 2 3700 boxes (hooks/weighted hooks in one, weights and misc terminal tackle in another) to a single 3600 terminal box.

i tried the safety pin idea and it works ok if you stick a specific style hook AND size in a single compartment. So if you have 10 diff types of hooks and sizes, you’ll need 10 different compartments. Once you get 2 kinds in there, the mess is worse that detangling treble hooks. I used that method for about 2 months before I got so aggravated I wanted to find another way.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowater2shallow View Post
    Since he mentioned his molds I assumed he was talking about his jig hooks, spinnerbait hooks and lure making parts.

7. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Here is what I use from AMAZON

Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

8. Member
    i will look into these

useful boxes.jpgI found these at Michael's. Each box is 2.83"x2.5"x2". I thought it was good for small items. The clear case holding the boxes can be mounted to the wall.

skirt storage.jpgI found this photo case for my skirt storage. Each colored case is 5"x7"x1". Both items were on sale for about $15. Word of warning tho, both cases are on the flimsy side. They work fine for me for what little I do.
    Last edited by jc1234; 01-29-2021 at 07:02 PM.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.