Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying on Dale Hollow or Cumberland?

Hey all, we just sold our place on Norris and are looking at DHL and Cumberland. Anybody have any guidance on this? Does Dale get cluttered up real bad like Cumberland does early? Was fortunate to spend a lotta time on both many year`s ago, but it's been a while since we've been to either. Just looking for any comments you all may have.

Join the rest of Ohio for an enjoyable weekend on Dale Hollow, you'll fit right in Yeah, they get hammered...

3. Member
    Yea, guess I'm part of that Buckeye Navy. Not sure being a property owner matters to some, but that's cool. Just asking for some opinions from people who are more in the know than me.

Far as cluttered goes, I was referring to the debris.

4. Member
    YOULL FIT IN WELL,AN ENJOY ALL THE WAKE BOATS.

5. Member
    Man they're all over at Norris. I mean ALL OVER!

Upper end of Cumberland can have a lot of debris during spring season or major rains. Lower end will have less in that sense but some still will be present. Don’t know about Dale.

7. Member
    Somerset has lot more stuff and is growing good. If I was looking to get away from people , not be interested in restaurants movies etc then dale. Otherwise Cumberland. Dale about an hour or so down the road so not a bad trip; also chick ramp at Dayton 2 1/2 hours down 27

We lived in Jamestown Tenn way back in the Day. It is a lot more crowded in peak season than when Jimmy Carter was the President! We rented a house from the folks that used to own East Port Dock.
    Ohio river gets in the blood!

Quote Originally Posted by Richie B View Post
    Hey all, we just sold our place on Norris and are looking at DHL and Cumberland. Anybody have any guidance on this? Does Dale get cluttered up real bad like Cumberland does early? Was fortunate to spend a lotta time on both many year`s ago, but it's been a while since we've been to either. Just looking for any comments you all may have.
    Probably half of your neighbors play here on C'land, several own property also and/or houseboats! The Buckeye Navy has spent a monumental fortune in this area over the years. When Covid and quarantining appeared to be a 'thing' last year Ohio emptied out, they did their social distancing on the lake...

(606)305-1956

10. Member
    Dale never gets the crowd that Norris does at least when I’ve been there.

11. Member
    If it was me it would b Dale.

12. Member
    Appreciate you all chiming in. Anyone seeing these Barndominiums people are putting up?

13. Member
    Albany Ky. turn left for Dale or turn right for Cumberland.

14. Member
    Boat shed apartment combo are popular here and I’ve seen few around dale. Buying existing structure might work but if your building from scratch- may take a year or 2- I called 2 guys last week for a farm barn and they both said would be a year

15. Member
    I would stay at Norris Cumberland and dale are getting way overcrowded and it continues to get worse every year!!!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

16. Member
    Don’t think you can buy “on” Dale as it is a Corp lake. Not a house in site, only several marinas. That’s one of the reasons I love fishing this lake.

17. Member
    none of them are crowded at certain times
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Orange Basser View Post
    Don’t think you can buy “on” Dale as it is a Corp lake. Not a house in site, only several marinas. That’s one of the reasons I love fishing this lake.
    Cumberland is a Corps of Engineers lake too.

19. Member
    No doubt but those lakes are completely different as far as lodging or buying lakefront. You can rent or buy on Norris very easy it’s difficult on Cumberland or Dale

20. Member
    Depends on how you like to fish. Cumberland has the 3 main species of bass AND Striper. I know bass are the primary topic of this site but those stripers are fun to pursue at times. Most bass fisherman find them fun. And they're a good distraction when the bass fishing gets super tough at times. Just something that might help with your decision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast