Lake Kenansville

For the record I do not keep bass but out of curiosity is Lake Kenansville a catch and release only lake?

All LM must be released.

3. Member
    Yes, Kenansville catch and release only on Bass

4. Member
    I loved this lake in 2019.... has anyone fished it in 2020 or lately?

5. Member
    I like Kenansville as well. Big changes there in fishing pressure. It can be a zoo now. Amazing what a YouTube video can do. It used to be a semi secret and the sand road stopped a lot of anglers from going. It’s small and the boats are parked 150 yards on both sides of the road going to the small lake in front of the ramp.

All that being said, it still fish’s ok. Lots of spraying has gone on. Still some mats but lots are gone. Seeing muck in lots of new areas.
    There is Hydrilla in abundance which always fish’s well. Will be there one day this week.

6. Member
    Update, just got back. Water temp was 56 degrees at 7 am. Fishing was slower than usual. No big fish caught. 30 between dinks and biggest was a little over 6 lb. Probably 15 boats there. Did see 3 or 4 empty beds but we fished deeper water mostly. Took a friend from Va who had never fished anywhere but Okeechobee. We had fun but just a so so day for there. I probably just didn’t adapt real well to the spraying changes there. Very few mats left.

What are the white poles all around the lake ?

8. Member
    I would guess for snail kites

9. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Back before the war on vegetation, you could find where the eel grass started, by the white pvc poles, along the perimeter of the lake. This was on lakes along the middle/upper St. Johns, and I have no idea if that was their intended purpose or not. They pretty much mark the start of the muck beds now.

10. Member
    Not really sure on Kenansville. I have seen a shiner fisherman whose name is John baiting and netting around them last year there, he was delivering them to Okeechobee.
    I haven’t seen him there this year and some of the poles are in different places. Spraying has changed the looks of the lake and most are in open water now.

11. Member
    Just got back from there this week. Spent two days on Kenansville and two on headwaters. Had one average day at K-ville and one day we smashed em pretty good but didn't have any real big fish. The wind was moving the hyacinth mats around pretty good. I'd say the pressure was considerably less than it was when i was down there two years ago. That said, I was in middle of cold front, so it may have kept some boats at home.
    2002 gambler 2100
    2008 250 proxs