Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Lowrance ActiveTarget Problems!

UPDATE 19 JAN - TURNS OUT IT IS A FAULTY TRANSDUCER

Got to head off to the water yesterday to test the ActiveTarget and EliteFS.

Two hours of fiddling and Lowrance Tech on the phone and this is the best we could get.

So I trailered the boat and went home to start some fault finding in the pool, and here is the video ...

Please note that you will NOT see the ActiveTarget on the Device List as it only shows N2k and not Ethernet - (thank you Nick Whyte)

Last edited by Fishton; 01-19-2021 at 05:10 AM.

John, I'm not sure whats causing your problems but there is no update for AT. Its a glitch.
    My suggestion would be to hard reset your unit and reload the 20.1 update. Do not turn on Wifi. With a clean unit and no wifi ever activated, reconnect AT and see what happens.

3. Banned
    So did they suspect a faulty module or transducer? Surely they had him do a hard reset.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    So did they suspect a faulty module or transducer? Surely they had him do a hard reset.
    I'm sure they did but the key issue was the wifi. It obviously was on or he wouldn't have gotten the update notice which was an error. I think there are some other issues with the update as I have seen some strange things on my screen. Some I traced back to my reloaded settings. I have no idea if its related and apparently Lowrance doesnt either. I have seen someone else with a similar issue.

I noticed you mentioned this with was paired with an Elite FS. Can you not grab the SW from the Lowrance site, save to SD, and load it that way? I only mention this because I have issues with my carbons trying to do SW upgrades over wifi. I went and downloaded the same SW from Lowrance, saved it to a SD and it installed without issues.

I hate that you are having issues. It really sucks when you spend the money to buy new gear then it doesn’t work like it should. Hope you get it figured out.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    I'm sure they did but the key issue was the wifi. It obviously was on or he wouldn't have gotten the update notice which was an error. I think there are some other issues with the update as I have seen some strange things on my screen. Some I traced back to my reloaded settings. I have no idea if its related and apparently Lowrance doesnt either. I have seen someone else with a similar issue.

You know what’s odd. How come the pro-staff guys never seem to have any of these issues? For example, Clark Rheem, you reckon they are running different software than what gets sent out to users??? Seems so odd that we see video after video and then guys here find all kinds of issues of issues.

You know what’s odd. How come the pro-staff guys never seem to have any of these issues? For example, Clark Rheem, you reckon they are running different software than what gets sent out to users??? Seems so odd that we see video after video and then guys here find all kinds of issues of issues.
    Because the pro staff are fishing and not testing for faults

You can bet they have issues too, the difference is when it happens to a regular guy, they have no problem making a video and making everyone else aware of what is going on. I don’t see that as being negative but more “informative”. If a pro did that, you can bet he/she would end up losing that company as a sponsor. It’s a double edged sword for sure.

9. Member
    I should have answers by tomorrow as I am meeting the Lowrance Tech guy at the lake tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishton View Post
    I should have answers by tomorrow as I am meeting the Lowrance Tech guy at the lake tomorrow.
    We will be patiently waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Fishton View Post
    good deal. Really hope you guys get it worked out!

Please let us know what you find out, mine is doing the same thing. I have hard reset twice, reloaded software, moved transducer from the shaft to trolling motor head and moved it every way possible.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JDI View Post
    Please let us know what you find out, mine is doing the same thing. I have hard reset twice, reloaded software, moved transducer from the shaft to trolling motor head and moved it every way possible.

Did you try the wifi thing posted above?

Did you try the wifi thing posted above?
    I guess he did try it but no change

This may be out there...and I’m talking wayyyy out there...but could the Wifi being “enabled” on these possibly cause this issue? Think about it...Wifi is on...it see’s what it thinks is a valid update, tries to download and install said update then goes bonkers because it cannot complete the config wizard. Would be nice to see if someone could disable Wifi, do a hard reset, the boot it up and see what happens.

WiFi has never been turned on, I have always upgraded via an sd card.
    AT actually works on my unit but you need to be less than 10 ft from the target to see anything. Stopped at a bridge today and you could see the pilling 10 ft away but the other one ~25ft away was not visible. Pilling are concrete 2ft square

17. Banned
    Why does Marcs work and others don’t? Corrupt software maybe???
    Last edited by grout-scout; 01-18-2021 at 10:05 PM.

18. Member
    Got to use mine today for the first time. I did record video, but haven't downloaded it yet. I got a real good picture on mine, but no fish. I only caught 3 smallmouth today, and they were in 50 feet of water and tight to the bottom. I did see a few fish on 2D sonar using a TM150M, but they were few and far between also. However, I had excellent images on Active Target of a sunken crane boom broken off and stuck in the mud in 45 feet of water. The Active Target shows every crossbar on the boom easily whenever I pointed it near the crane boom. I was using the Down View the entire time due to the depths I was fishing.

I also got some awesome screenshots of scaffolding on the bottom of the lake in 50+ feet of water on DownScan and SideScan using my 3D StructureScan. So connecting my Active Target through my StructureScan ethernet port worked well, and this (as well as the 20.1) didn't hurt my DownScan or SideScan images at all.
    ciao,
    Marc

We should trade

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    John, I'm not sure whats causing your problems but there is no update for AT. Its a glitch.
    My suggestion would be to hard reset your unit and reload the 20.1 update. Do not turn on Wifi. With a clean unit and no wifi ever activated, reconnect AT and see what happens.
    I will definitely try that this morning as we are going down to meet up with Lowrance SA Tech staff to get to the bottom of this.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast