Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Something must be wrong with both of their units (box or transducer). Mine clearly shows the bottom and structure well, even at 60+ feet when I used downview last Monday. Will be getting back out on the lake next Wednesday and hope to get a recording.
    Yep, we all know you in the 'working group'.

Some of us like many others it seems are in the 'NOT working group'.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Fishton...my first trip out with AT about the same results as your first pic on this thread. I can’t even get mine to paint the bottom in 20 feet. Won’t show a chatter bait unless in down mode and literally right under the transducer. Completely disappointing. Are you thinking I have a faulty transducer as well?

I tried every setting possible...with the contrast set to 100 percent...still can’t even paint the bottom. Forget forward view...no range at all...concrete bridge columns barely visible.
    Hi. Maybe you have any screenshots? It would be helpful for all to see how looks picture from a bad transducers.
    Lowrance Live 16 + AI 2-1 + AT

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    Dean, a couple of quick questions. I’m sure you are frustrated so please don’t get upset for me asking. When you did the install, did you use any cable ties on the transducer cable where you attached it to the trolling motor shaft. Second question and this is just a shot in the dark, did you use a chassis ground that was attached directly to the AT module (not the ground in the power harness itself)
    Questions don’t upset me...I don’t want to have to return this thing. I want it to be awesome, and would say so if it was. No cable ties...just tape...didn’t use the ground. Doubtful it’s a grounding issue as that might cause some interference, but I’d still be able to at least see a decent bottom return in 15 feet of water which I cant. I’m using lithium power so doubtful it’s a power issue...my other graphs are crystal clear and perform flawlessly. Never blank on start ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand View Post
    Hi. Maybe you have any screenshots? It would be helpful for all to see how looks picture from a bad transducers.
    Didn’t take any. There wasn’t much on the screen to screen shot.

5. Member
    Well add me to the list. Had mine out yesterday for first time and got the same screen as Fiston. I tried all positions bu nothing would help the picture. It is worthless at this point. It will show a faint bottom line in 20 ft. and it will change as the depth changes so I know it is sending out a pulse and is getting a return but the screen is just black. I could get just in front of a large brush pile and nothing shows up.
    I am so aggravated now at myself for not buying a Garmin. Guys that can go out and buy a Garmin off the shelf slap it on the boat and instantly get great forward looking sonar and all of us that did patiently wait on Lowrance have gotten screwed as there seems not to be any replacements available.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexz521 View Post
    Well add me to the list. Had mine out yesterday for first time and got the same screen as Fiston. I tried all positions bu nothing would help the picture. It is worthless at this point. It will show a faint bottom line in 20 ft. and it will change as the depth changes so I know it is sending out a pulse and is getting a return but the screen is just black. I could get just in front of a large brush pile and nothing shows up.
    I am so aggravated now at myself for not buying a Garmin. Guys that can go out and buy a Garmin off the shelf slap it on the boat and instantly get great forward looking sonar and all of us that did patiently wait on Lowrance have gotten screwed as there seems not to be any replacements available.

Sounds just like mine...I got right in front of the 147 bridge columns at Sam Rayburn. They barely created a return on this thing from 10 feet away. I could see the faintest return of a chatter bait...IF I put it in down mode and dangled the bait a foot or two right under the transducer.

I can see the transducer firing on the screen, and I could hear it clicking after my install, so I suspect the box but who knows.

You didn’t receive yours from Tackle Warehouse by chance? Wondering if they got a bad run of product.

7. Member
    Dean I got mine from RMP.
    Fishton if you don’t mind me asking did they tell you to send it back to the dealer you bought it from or back to Lowrance.
    Also did they tell you to box up everything and send it all back or just the transducer.
    im asking because I’m going to spend rest of my day uninstalling all the work I just completed to do a really good install.

8. Member
    I will be following this post, looking to buy active target but don't want the problems, Thanks for all the info.

9. Member
    Got mine installed yesterday, gonna try it out this weekend. Hoping for the best.

I will say... I think the contrast by default is way to low! did you try adjusting it up? I think I'm running around 88% and not auto settings
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

11. Member
    I also had a bad one received from my local dealer up here in Ontario. I was one of the first to have issues (this was last Saturday) and one of the product experts that worked on the system quickly reached out to me and diagnosed the issue to being actual hardware. I returned the system to my dealer and they immediately started the process to get it back to Lowrance (normally it would have went to a Lowrance location in Canada) but from what I am hearing it is on its way back to Oklahoma to be tore apart and checked out. The new unit is absolutely amazing and working 100% the way it is supposed to work. The only thing I wish after playing with it for 6 days now on my pond I wish was different would be if it was possible to adjust sensitivity like you could on the LiveSight and the other Lowrance sonar options...from what I am told from the product expert is that sensitivity is adjusted automatically for depth/distance BUT in shallow water I am noticing that my LS is actually picking up more (minnow's) which I am able to adjust sensitivity for where I am not 100% sure why but the AT won't pick them up.... Maybe it will be a future update in the future.

Not to actively proceed with our new transducer mounting solutions for the AT!!!

Ryan

12. Member
    Total recall of ActiveTarget™ in South Africa.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishton View Post
    Total recall of ActiveTarget™ in South Africa.
    Any proof link? Or from where did you get such info? Thanks

14. Member
    Mine works great. No problems.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sand View Post
    Any proof link? Or from where did you get such info? Thanks
    This ok for you Sand?

Regards
    John Easton FishTec Lowrance
    South Africa

John, they are asking for both the module and the transducer back? I see where they say they were able to find and duplicate the fault/issue but never mentioned if it was one or the other...or both?

Are they planning on trying to expedite you a replacement?

17. Member
    This ok for you Sand?

Regards
    John Easton FishTec Lowrance
    South Africa
    Thank you for information. Sad news. I hope they are not shipping faulty items any longer

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    John, they are asking for both the module and the transducer back? I see where they say they were able to find and duplicate the fault/issue but never mentioned if it was one or the other...or both?

Are they planning on trying to expedite you a replacement?
    I was on the water with the Lowrance Tech and it was the transducer - the box worked fine on the Lowrance boat.

LOWRANCE ActiveTarget Problem!

If you receive your ActiveTarget and the screen looks like this, don't spend the whole morning trying to get it working like I did.

It is a faulty transducer - return to store / supplier and ask them to change the transducer.
    Mine is doing the exact same thing. I’m on the 52 update. When you updated to the 54 any changes? Lowrance is suggesting that it’s because I’m not up to date. Sounds like a bigger issue.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

20. Member
    I discovered that trying to update via WIFI is not reliable enough. After trying to update to the 20.1 via WIFI multiple times with no success, I finally downloaded the update to my laptop and copied to a CLEAN SD card and used the card to update my HDS Live units. Upload only took about 5 minutes per unit. After the update, you go into Pages, Settings, Advanced, Features. You should see LIVESIGHT and ACTIVE TARGET in the list shown. Turn both ON and exit out. A dialogue box pops up saying "ACTIVE TARGET features enabled" and another saying "LIVESIGHT features enabled". Then you should be good to go.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast