Thread: Loxahatchee

GTB

Loxahatchee

How is the bike at Loxahatchee right now? Any recent information ?Grass ? Never been there , was thinking of giving it a try. Are there any navigation issues with stumps or rock?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTB View Post
    How is the bike at Loxahatchee right now? Any recent information ?Grass ? Never been there , was thinking of giving it a try. Are there any navigation issues with stumps or rock?
    I haven't fished Lox in a bit, in regards to the navigation however, traveling on the perimeter canal isn't a problem. The two main navigation hazards are in the flats. First being, when entering the flat trails. Enter and exit them from the center. Sometimes there are rocks on either side of the flat entrance. Not all entrances have these rocks, but if your not familiar with the area, assume they all do.

Hazard #2. Eel grass and vegetation. Sometimes areas can be topped out with vegetation, and it will bog down your outboard. Some of these areas do have boat trails that you can see, so stay on plane on these trails and you will be fine.

I wish I could provide more detail, but as I mentioned, I have not fished Lox in a while. Keep in mind, there is a 35mph speed limit, and the game wardens do monitor boats from the levy time to time. Lastly, there is an entry fee of $10 now, it was $5 before. There is a booth on the South Entrance, however I don't know if its manned yet. They have always gone on the "honor" system since I have fished there.

Our waters levels are still higher than normal, so shouldn't have any draft issues in the flats. But be on the look out the further you travel into the flats.

Good luck!!

Report back when you can.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

3. Member
    The biggest hazards are the Buzzards after you park your truck. Those F*** birds will land on your truck walk and Scratch the hell out of your paint and eat all your door and window trim. No joke

4. Member
    Oh yeah, forgot about the buzzards.

5. Member
    Fished there last month. The wardens were out there sitting at the south ramp enforcing the speed limit and flags. Really tough fishing. If you’re going to host a tournament make sure you get the waivers/permits from the USFW. We had a tournament there and big fish was just over 5 lbs and it took if I remember correctly 8 lbs to win.
    2004 TR186 with 175 Yamaha
    Homestead Hawg Hunters - Tournament Director / Vice President
    http://www.homesteadhawghunters.com/