2011-2016 F250 truck camper hauling

Just purchased my first truck camper. Anyone running an f250 with a truck camper. If so did you do anything to help with sag?
    Attached Images Attached Images

With a 250 you have to watch the Rear GAWR
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    With a 250 you have to watch the Rear GAWR
    This ^^......and when I was running a 250 I had torklift upper overloads which can help, but you need (and should have already if you're hauling a camper) overload springs for them to work. Good looking rig and good luck getting it set up.

https://www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Sus...t/TLA7200.html

I have Timbren kits on the front of the plow trucks. They make rear kits also
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Years ago I ran an F-250 with a truck camper , I added over load helper leaf springs to the rear
    Congrats on the new camper , enjoy

2009 ELITE 210

6. Member
    I did run a 250. ( new truck on order ) I added bags with compressor and remote to adjust each bag indepentley and bilstien shocks. If I kept it I would going to add a big wig. Mine did not have a rear stabilizer bar. My 250 rig is shown in my signature.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

7. Member
    Nice looking set up. Best of luck to you.

8. Member
    Ive put add a leaf helpers on a F250 for a camper helped alot but was really stiff without the camper.
    Some trucks have max camper weight stamp in glove box

9. Member
    Nice looking rig and congrats! I added the Firestone rear suspension bags, as well as Torklift's Overload supports. https://www.torklift.com/rv/stableload

The addition of the stableloads (I did bottom only) has made the most notable difference overnight. You can easily rotate them with a socket 90 degrees, and then they aren't causing a stiff ride when the camper is off. SO much safer it's awesome.

My host camper is crazy heavy, so the sag reduction with the two things I listed here worked wonders. Wish I did them sooner!

10. Member
    I tried timbrens but ended up returning them. They still sagged more than i liked. I am running airlift 5000 bags and hellwig sway bars front and rear. drives like the camper isn't even there.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rindfuss32 View Post
    I tried timbrens but ended up returning them. They still sagged more than i liked. I am running airlift 5000 bags and hellwig sway bars front and rear. drives like the camper isn't even there.
    ^^^ This plus, add the Torklift lower "StableLoad" wedges. Best setup I have found and recommend highly to everyone. The Torklift upper "StableLoad" bump-stops were 'OK' but the lowers are really where it's at. Air Bags level the truck and the stableload's prevent most of the sway. The Helwig anti-sway bar on the rear was just that much more icing. Really can't be too careful when hauling around that much weight.

Don't forget about the tires .... I hauled a Lance camper on a 2500 for a number of years. I wouldn't go with anything less than load range E tires.
    The popup is not as top heavy and should help a lot with side to side sway.

I moved on up to a 3500 dually and sometimes wish I had a 450 or 550.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

13. Member
    Air bags are the first choice. I got a couple of leaves from a junk yard when I needed to lift the back of mine.