Standard push button accessory switches

I have a 2019 z519 , I have standard push button accessory switches and sometimes the lights in the switches work and sometimes they don’t any help ?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Chris, my less-than-expert theory, electrically speaking, is that on those switches the less they are used, the more likely the backlights are to *not* make contact. If I haven’t used my bilge pump for a while, or my navigation lights, the backlight might not come on at first, but later it does. And the function pertaining to the switch always works for me regardless of the lighting. There might be a way to correct this by removing the switch and using a contact spray; I haven’t tried that. You could post your question over in the electrical/trolling motor forum for more expert advice. And with your boat still presumably under warranty, you could also take the boat in for switch replacement.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    when mine were doing that, it was because the switch was not working and the
    device was not working either, in my case my livewell pump.
    you are not the only one as there has been plenty of posts on here about
    problems with these switches. i have replaced all of mine with a non oem
    switch and no problem since. there is not a replacement non oem
    available that i am aware of so a few mods are required to mount the
    non oem switch. warranty is fine but you will get the same not so good switch.

4. Member
    my 2019 bow lights would not turn off - they had to replace the anchor switch (under warranty).