I’ll be there.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

4. Member
    Usually wait 2 or 3 days to let everyone get it out of their system...LOL

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

Anyone know how severe the fish kill was last year? The rumbling I heard weren't good. Too bad the system was making a nice recovery since the last major fish kill.

6. Member
    Philly ,, Yep to Braidwood. I plan to be a Clinton soon after. Goby,, I am a regular at Braidwood but not connected to any of the scoop as to re-stocking. I can only give you my experience in 2020. I fished about three days a week from March first to July . In that time I was having my best year there in a long long time. My son had his first 7 lb fish that measured 23" and had a 26" girth. Together we had 17 fish over 4 lbs and 7 5 lb bass . Our best 5 fish day was 20 lbs. My son had a solo day that went 18 lbs in three hours. To the best of my recollection the kill off was in the first week of July because I found a ton of dead fish on July 3. From July till October I still fished braidwood twice a week maybe three times on occasion. I did not catch a single 5 lb bass. I had one day that I had 17 lbs best 5 in August. For the rest of the year I didn't catch a 3,4,or 5. I just looked at my pictures August 8th was the last day I landed nice fish. I'm hoping that I just sucked at the end of the year but I have friends on the lake that are flat out sticks on Braidwood and they struggled as well.
    I hope that answers your question on the kill off . Maybe some other guys will chime in.

7. Member
    Never been ! Looks interesting, any motor limits ? Busy on the weekends ? Ramp charge ? I'm usually on pool 13 but reside near dekalb so it doesn't look too far . Is there a season on braidwood ?

Quote Originally Posted by Basshunter64 View Post
    Never been ! Looks interesting, any motor limits ? Busy on the weekends ? Ramp charge ? I'm usually on pool 13 but reside near dekalb so it doesn't look too far . Is there a season on braidwood ?
    The season opens on March 1 and closes in mid October for goose season. It will be a zoo there in March on the weekends. On nice weekdays it will feel like a weekend. The fishing is usually very good in March and April. Tournaments start in April and there will be one or more every Saturday and Sunday.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyotaKev View Post
    Usually wait 2 or 3 days to let everyone get it out of their system...LOL

Same - also hate the fact the shore guys are mostly slobs. PICK UP THE GARBAGE even if it isn't yours.

10. Member
    Thanks junk , maybe I'll give it try in march before the ice out on pool 13 just to get a line wet . Have a great winter !

11. Member
    Went opening day last year, and I will absolutely never do that again. Braidwood days are Fridays for me!