Do boat manufacturers have carpet templates?

Do boat manufacturers use carpets templates for their boats? My 1983 168 Champion has no usable carpet.

2. Member
    Nope, get a roll of brown paper at Lowes they use to protect floors during construction use to make templates. Use good 3m yellow masking tape to join seams so its wide enough.

3. Member
    Marinecarpeting.com has pre-cut carpeting kits for a lot of different bass boats. Might be worth checking to see if they carry one for your Champion.

4. Member
    Thanks Corey I called and they sent me a email with the template and dimensions.

5. Member
    Templates, templates are for rookies. I've done THOUSANDS of sea rays, we didn't have templates. They would cut the carpet off the roll to size with a CNC machine, roll those pieces up along with headliner and put them on a cart marked for the boat it went in. I did 5 boats a day, 23's and 24's with a once in a blue moon 25. If your lid is 25" x 25" cut a piece 32" x 32" at a minimum. You will need 6" to wrap around the lid to the inside. I've done dozens of champions, next to a triton they are the easiest to do, and to cut the carpet for. I use 8.5' wide carpet, it's the best size with very little waste.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR