Mixing batteries

I just purchased a lithium for my trolling motor. It will be isolated from from the rest of my electrical system. My question is about batteries for electronics and starting battery. I currently have an AGM that serves as my starting battery and powers all my electronics, bilge pumps, livewell pumps, etc. I am thinking of using the AGM to handle just electronics and add a standard battery to handle starting duties. My question is can I wire these 2 batteries so the big motor charges both when its running or will there be a problem hooking them in parallel? If so, what is a better setup?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Different voltages, so you don’t want them in parallel.

Why are you adding a second battery?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I have also added some new electronics and thought an additional battery may help with all day power issues. When I am on Lake Erie, it is regular to have both livewells, bilge pumps and 3 or 4 electronic units running all day. Having a way to put some charge back into batteries while running during the day helps greatly. The AGM I am using now has been sufficient but I added a Helix 10 and a MEGA 360 to the setup. Just womdering if I will have power issues at the end of a long day.
    Last edited by the76kid; 01-17-2021 at 12:22 PM.