What spare plug ?

I have a 2001 200HP Mercury optimal the currently has NGK IZRF56 plugs can't find this plug anywhere and the ones I did find they 26 dollars a piece for > Is there a alternative for this plug I can use ? Preferably NGK Thanks

2. Member
    standard 200hp non pxs optimaX takes IZFR5G plugs there is NO alternative, try the 3.0L forum for more info on yo mtr please use ser number also
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1.

Moving thread to the 3L Forum for you.

If your would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Yuggy,you can order those plugs from an auto parts store,same plug number but won’t have the Mercury part number or warranty. I get mine from Carquest.