Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cmscoach View Post
    I predict going forward, no playoff teams will call a QB running play unless it’s a sneek!
    A sneak messed his knee up in Denver last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    It’s crazy if they allow him to play next week and I think it’s possible he will play.

Will just show Reid and the NFL put winning and money over player health and safety. It will be a sham if allowed. They hold back players with less serious concussions for multiple weeks often. They actually have a precedent in doing so.

If he plays I truly hope he does not have any issues and gets through the game fine.

3. Member
    That was a great game. Congrats to the Chiefs...wish ya'll the best of luck moving forward.
    As a faithful Browns fan.....that was a MUCH needed season. Can't wait for next year!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Will just show Reid and the NFL put winning and money over player health and safety. It will be a sham if allowed. They hold back players with less serious concussions for multiple weeks often. They actually have a precedent in doing so.

If he plays I truly hope he does not have any issues and gets through the game fine.
    Whoa pump the brakes, no one on bbc knows how major or minor his concussion is.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post

I understand what has happened to the brain when a person postures after a head injury. That is not a minor symptom. The momentary loss of consciosness and inability to walk under his own piwer make it at least a moderate TBI. The posturing reinforces that. No brake pumping needed. Its not a light concussion. I know you being a Chiefs fan is hard to hear he shoukd sit but this is about longterm health. This coukd affect him years down the road. Especially if ge takes a hit to head next week. This ain't a sprained ankle.

His hands were locked and flexed inward which is obvious sign of decorticate posturing.

What is the decorticate posturing prognosis? The expected outcome depends on the cause. Decorticate posturing could indicate nervous system injury and permanent brain damage, which could result in: seizures.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 01-18-2021 at 08:45 AM.

6. Member

Lots of people are hoping he comes out okay moving forward in the future and there are lots of people who don't want to see him go against the Bills because if he is 100 per cent KC will beat the Bills. Me, i'd rather he sit out if there is any question at all, KC has already proven they can win the Big dance and they have also proven they can beat the Bills this year. KC needs him in the future for sure. KC will just have to take their chances with Henne, besides it would silence the haters if KC won with their other weapons. The Bills like the Chiefs are not unbeatable. Go Chiefs!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Lots of people are hoping he comes out okay moving forward in the future and there are lots of people who don't want to see him go against the Bills because if he is 100 per cent KC will beat the Bills. Me, i'd rather he sit out if there is any question at all, KC has already proven they can win the Big dance and they have also proven they can beat the Bills this year. KC needs him in the future for sure. KC will just have to take their chances with Henne, besides it would silence the haters if KC won with their other weapons. The Bills like the Chiefs are not unbeatable. Go Chiefs!
    I agree for the most part except this isn't the same Bills team that they played earlier in the season.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    I agree for the most part except this isn't the same Bills team that they played earlier in the season.
    Neither are the Chiefs. Should be a good one, two very good teams.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Neither are the Chiefs. Should be a good one, two very good teams.
    For sure....hoping for a good game!

10. Member
    I understand what has happened to the brain when a person postures after a head injury. That is not a minor symptom. The momentary loss of consciosness and inability to walk under his own piwer make it at least a moderate TBI. The posturing reinforces that. No brake pumping needed. Its not a light concussion. I know you being a Chiefs fan is hard to hear he shoukd sit but this is about longterm health. This coukd affect him years down the road. Especially if ge takes a hit to head next week. This ain't a sprained ankle.

His hands were locked and flexed inward which is obvious sign of decorticate posturing.

What is the decorticate posturing prognosis? The expected outcome depends on the cause. Decorticate posturing could indicate nervous system injury and permanent brain damage, which could result in: seizures.
    i agree with this. I am no medical tech but the way he looked, that is nothing to shrug off. Hope he gets healed up well before he gets back on the field. Not worth risking an entire career or future over a ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by btlsranger View Post
    i agree with this. I am no medical tech but the way he looked, that is nothing to shrug off. Hope he gets healed up well before he gets back on the field. Not worth risking an entire career or future over a ball game.

He is the face of the NFL and hopefully around for many years. Hope all goes well with whatever decision is made.

12. Member
    for him to get up like that and stagger like a knocked out boxer, there is no way he should play in 7 days

if the concussion protocol is followed, he is out
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

Some reports are calling it a pinched nerve. Personally I don't believe that but its not my call.

14. Banned
    Lol lots of speculation, I hope he plays next week, I doubt the independent doc will decide.

Lol lots of speculation, I hope he plays next week, I doubt the independent doc will decide.

He is still in league concussion protocol. I think the NFL itself has to clear him. Eutger way I hooe the best for him.

16. Banned
    He is still in league concussion protocol. I think the NFL itself has to clear him. Eutger way I hooe the best for him.
    Oh I know, they, the NFL, has an independent doc so the teams can't sway the opinion- allegedly.

17. Member
    Some reports are calling it a pinched nerve. Personally I don't believe that but its not my call.
    There's also some saying he was actually choked out on the play. while he was wobbly getting up, he ran back to the locker room on his own. we aren't doctors, obviously, and weren't there in the locker room. He has to be cleared by the chiefs medical staff first and then an independent neurologist. He can practice while in the protocol but I doubt we see him on the field until Friday if he plays. hope he's okay. grandpa was a huge chiefs fan.

Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    There's also some saying he was actually choked out on the play. while he was wobbly getting up, he ran back to the locker room on his own. we aren't doctors, obviously, and weren't there in the locker room. He has to be cleared by the chiefs medical staff first and then an independent neurologist. He can practice while in the protocol but I doubt we see him on the field until Friday if he plays. hope he's okay. grandpa was a huge chiefs fan.

You cannot practice until you are in Step 4 of the protocol. You cannot even do Zoom meetings etc. It is clearly stated in the protocol.

I don't think he had long enough to be "choked out"....it was a quick play.

19. Member
    Just hold up some fingers. If he can count them correctly he is good to go.

20. Member
    You cannot practice until you are in Step 4 of the protocol. You cannot even do Zoom meetings etc. It is clearly stated in the protocol.

I don't think he had long enough to be "choked out"....it was a quick play.
    yeah.....I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here but what you said you just agreed with me......you're still in the protocol at stage 4...and you can practice while still in the protocol...if you're arguing semantics....sure. he can't practice until stage 4 of the protocol but practicing nonetheless while still in the protocol. players do this frequently.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast