4 or 6 inch BBT dual stack pedestal for my Cougar?

Hey guys,

I've got a 2011 Cougar FTD and I'm planning to order a Bass Boat Technologies dual stack pedestal bow mount for my Helix 10 and Garmin 93sv. They offer two sizes, a 4 inch and a 6 inch. I went out to the boat with a tape measure today trying to visualize what each option would like, and I don't know what to do. I was hoping maybe the guys that have seen each in person might be able to offer some guidance. I know the difference is probably subtle, but for the price they get for those things I'm only getting one shot at this!

I'm assuming the ones pictured in the examples on their website are the 4 inch... right?

https://www.bassboattech.com/index.p...unt-dual-stack

Thanks in advance for any input!

2. Member
    Some guys have the 4" while others have the 6". I just ordered the 4" and BBT shipped an additional 1/2" spacer if I needed it to raise the mount shelf over the gunnel or deck. I'm having a boat dealer install mine so can't tell you yet how the 4" will work but I've seen several pictures of both sizes mounted on various Bass Cat models. The 4" and 6" mounts are pictured on the BBT site.

3. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    I just put the 4 inch on my 2021 cougar. I have it mounted as far to the right away from the ultrexx pedal as I can without the right side of the mount hitting the right side of the boat. This being said ..... it’s great mount and very solid but with my winter boots on I can’t get to the spot lock button because the mount is too close. I don’t want to move my pedal back. I would go six inch next time if I went bbt but me personally will go Balzout. I’d post pics if he wasn’t such a PITA. Pm me and I’ll text em direct if you wanna see what I’m talking about
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

4. Member

5. Member
    20200306_123554.jpgNot a cougar but on my p2. I the went with 6" version. At the time i had a 10" garmin and a 9" hds and there was no issues. I just purchase a 12" carbon to replace the 9. Still in the process of the swap. My buddy who has a puma which i purchased the carbon from has the 4 inch. From what i seen on his i thought it needed the 6 inch. Actually i am thinking on my p2 i am going to shift the gimbal over a little bit to compensate for the size difference of the graph

With the 2 graphs you have the 6 inch should be fine. The cougar is considerably wider at the nose than my p2
    Last edited by Redngoo; 01-17-2021 at 09:17 AM.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

You guys that have these mounted for dual stacks. Did you drill a big hole in the fiberglass in the center of the tube to run your wires up through the floor.?
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

7. Member
    I did not. I added a clam shellScreenshot_20200303-195607_Camera.jpg
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    I did not. I added a clam shellScreenshot_20200303-195607_Camera.jpg
    Ok, was thinking the same
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

9. Member
    Here is my set up using BBT 4" I had to heavily modify the mount as I wanted to have it be no higher than the motor of the TM. in the phots you can see where I had to cut our for the cable connections and the HB connector. I was able to achieve this, by using the low profile mounts from Precision Sonar.

Hope this help some for ideas,
    Eric

Bow 1.jpgBow 2.jpgBow 3.jpg
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

10. Member
    I have pictures of the 6" one that I just put on my 2015 cougar on the thread that I attached. I may have gone with the 4" if I bought new, I picked up the 6" one used for a good price so I will make it work. I just put it on so I have not put it to use at all yet

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1101346
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

11. Member
    In have the base that probably won’t use. All
    you have to do is buy the swivel mount from BBT. Contact if interested. I can sell it for $60 plus split shipping They will
    sell just base for $175 then......

PM if interested

12. Member
    I used the 4" on the front of my Lynx. I just clears the gunnel and I'm happy with it. I did not drill the center hole. Like others have stated, I just added another clamshell for the additional cables.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma