25 hp Etec not ran in years

I have a 25 hp Etec on an aluminum boat Model# E25DTELISC / Serial# 529211 that has been sitting for a few of years at my old place. It was not winterized. What should I do before starting this thing up? The reason it was put away was because it did not want to stay idling. (NO wake lake) It would shut off after a short while best I can remember. And I had another boat. I figured on getting it started first then deal with the not stay running issue after.
    I did have some work done to it at the mechanic not long before it was parked but don't remember what it was for.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Take it in to an Evinrude dealer and have them go thru it to make sure the injectors aren't gummed up etc. They have the Diags and more than likely you don't.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Take it in to an Evinrude dealer and have them go thru it to make sure the injectors aren't gummed up etc. They have the Diags and more than likely you don't.
    Will do. I figured it would have ended up there anyway. And it could use a going over since it's been sitting so long.