Banned

Need a Ultrex mount

Trying to find a used Ultrex mount. Or even maybe a new one. Can’t seem to find any. Also I have two fortrex mounts and is there any way to covert a fortrex mount to work with a Ultrex?

2. Member
    What size are you looking for?
    I've got a 52" complete hanging around I may think of selling.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

I think you can buy just about any and all the parts you want on Minn Kota website

4. Member
    Utrex will mount on it. Lots of fellas kept em just because of that. The mounting base you have may need a slight modification depending on the yr ultrex you have. The later yr models have 4 dimples on the underside of the mounting plate. You can mark them on the fortrex mount and then drill them into it. Another option is to use a dermal tool and remove them from the upper. But once again, that all depends on the mount on the ultrex you have. You may be able to just bolt it on and go fish. Either way, it’s a simple fix should you need to do it. Hope that helps ya

5. Banned
    My understanding was the fortrex will fit on ultrex mount however, ultrex will not fit on fortrex mount.

6. Banned
    Any way you could text me a few pics of what to do with dimples if possible? 256-335-3730. I will take a close look at mine today. Yes a fortrex will work on a Ultrex mount without any mods. I have 2 fortrex mounts. And need to mount one another boat temporarily and use my Ultrex on it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    My understanding was the fortrex will fit on ultrex mount however, ultrex will not fit on fortrex mount.
    Correct.

8. Member
    Only the very first issue of the Ultrex in late 2016 will fit in the Fortrex mount. After only a few months, MK changed the Ultrex so it would not fit in the Fortrex mount because of the "dimples" mentioned in post #4.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member
    The ultrex will mount on the fortrex mount. Don’t ask me how I know. Go find out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsturggie View Post
    The ultrex will mount on the fortrex mount. Don’t ask me how I know. Go find out yourself.
    Might be like MK saying you cant swap the nose piece with built in transducers..

11. Member
    Yeah it’s like that