2011 Skeeter FX 20 3rd year ownership

I bought this boat in 2018 so it has gone through three fishing seasons. My prior two years wrap ups where very good, no issues.

In 2020 the boat was on the water just about three days a week from March to mid October. So how did it perform, where their any problems?

The boat hit some of its top speeds this year. I hit in the mid 70's. It had more in it but I didn't. Each year I don't know if the boat gets better or if I do. Honestly the motor ran great and the boatlooks like new.

Here is what I have to repair in the next month or two.

1. Rod straps, yeah they wore out at the end of the year.
    2. My Minn Kota needs rebuilt. It makes a lot of noise. It is a Fortrex 101 that I use very heavy.
    3. Power Poles, the lines need replaced. They blew out I took them off. So now with down time I ordered replacement lines and fittings.
    4. My Tac & Trim gauge is fogged and the read out is faded.

That's it and except for the gauge I consider this maintenance.

I will note I need my prop reworked at I drove through some mud when the water was low. Anybody on BBC work on props.

In season I did replace all four batteries with group 31's.my other batteries were 5 years old.
    I replaced the water impeller when I winterized the boat.

Nothing done to the trailer this year except repairing some damage to lights and fender. I had someone back into the trailer while fishing, no they didn't leave a note.

So this boat had 260hrs on when I bought it. I have run the heck out of it for three years with out any major problems. I paid $35,000 and most dealers have the same boat priced around $37,000.

You don't need to be worried about buying a used Skeeter. I'm looking at buying a newer 2016 LE-FX 20 if thing work out. Why? Because the numbers work for these two boats.

2. Member
    There may be some BBC folks who do prop work. I have used www.propmd.com before and was very pleased with their work.

3. Member
    FX20, When you get that prop worked on have them add some cup to it.
    Any good shop will know what you mean. It will add lift and about 3mph.

Talk to Steve's Custom Props. They can rework it and make it like new, or better!

http://www.stevescustomprops.com/

5. Member
    i'd recommend to anyone with a skeeter to get a little cup added to their props.