thinking of going from Fury 4 25p to a Fury 4 24p (Cougar FTD)

cut & paste this post from the main forum to Props forum

just to reiterate in order of what happened:

Cougar FTD 250 Pro SX Opti, ran factory Fury 3 blade 25p. Touched 80, no big ball of fire out of the hole.

Had factory 1 Northstar group 31 for cranking and 3 group 27's for minkota Ultrex. Kept cranking but changed to 3 Northstar group 31 for Ultrex (at 75# each)

Boat went from bad to worse getting out of hole

Purchased a new Fury 4 blade with same 25p fall of 2020. Helped but still did not put a smile on my face. Would plow holding 3600-3800 RMPs under certain "heavy" conditions
    which I guess is telling me that there is too much prop and motor is "holding" at that 3600-3800 mark. Once she breaks over is runs super. The factory Fury 3 25p used to catitate
    just as she was getting on plane while the 4 blade does not which is nice. Does this move seem to make sense or should I be looking elseware ?

Was told I should have dropped one pitch when going to the 4 blade. (IE. Should have purchased a Fury 4 blade 24p, not the 25p)

I could care less about that 75 to 80 MPH as I would rarely need or do it.... would much rather have lots of yank out of the hole and tons of mid range and control.

I wish I could try a Fury 4 24p prior to buying but can't find one. Can anyone advise as to what I might expect making this change ? Does dropping one inch have that
    much of a difference ?

So, selling my new (1 week on water, mint, no different than new) Fury 4 blade 25P and purchasing Fury 4 blade 24p.
    I am planning on selling the Fury 25p 4 blade for $100 less than what it cost me to buy the 24p 4 blade.
    putting lots of pics so you can verify that this prop is in absolute mint and in 100% A1 condition. Not a scuff or scratch. Adding 4 pics so you can see EACH individual blade edge.

Do they have a specific "sell prop" forum or is that done here ? I have been canvasing the net and cannot find anything cheaper than standard list on the Fury 4 24p RH, all the pricing
    is either the same (list) or higher. If anyone is interested in the Fury 4 25p, pm me.

I know this site might have sponsors or knowledge where to get the best deal on the Fury 4blade 24p. I see LOTS of places selling what appears as list price and would like to beat that
    if possible. Looking for the Heavy Duty Hub for a spare also. (#840389K06)

thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images