Gunnell Protection

Just purchased a 2021 Tracker Pro 170 and was looking for a way to protect the gunnel from scratches. I am used to resting my feet on the sides and sure rods will hit on it sometime. 1st tin boat and I want to protect for as long as possible. The only cheap solution I found may be a rattle can textured spray? Has anyone done this and any other solutions would be helpful.

2. Member
    Also looking at 3M slip tape w/adhesive backing but most come in 2" & 4" rolls. My gunnel is 3".

3. Banned
    3m makes a clear film for vehicle protection. This is what I would look into

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackPro170 View Post
    Just purchased a 2021 Tracker Pro 170 and was looking for a way to protect the gunnel from scratches. I am used to resting my feet on the sides and sure rods will hit on it sometime. 1st tin boat and I want to protect for as long as possible. The only cheap solution I found may be a rattle can textured spray? Has anyone done this and any other solutions would be helpful.
    I'm actually thinking about using hurculiner roll on bedliner on my gunnels and on my keel

5. Member
    Ck out monstaliner.. Did mine in black