Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The manufacturer's warranty is valid, but the instrument must be returned to the United States. It takes a long time, but Lowrance is a fairly reliable brand and malfunctions are rare.
    What is uncomfortable here is that Lowrance is lying, the description of the update says one thing, but in fact another. I agree to lose the Russian language when updating, but the update cannot be installed at all. The very possibility of installation on a Russian-language device is blocked, and I am not given a choice.

2. Member
    Correspondence with Lowrance tech support yielded results. I'm not sure if the changes will happen, but the fact that the update was not possible was acknowledged. Hopefully there will be some fixes in the next update. There is a positive point in communicating with technical support.

Last post from support: "I tested this myself and found the same as you. I was not able to update my unit with the update file from the website.
    We were told that it would still be possible to use the standard update file but by doing so you'd lose the Russian language programming.
    This is not the case at the moment and you need to use the RUS/UKR version of the update file.
    I've reported this to management but this is how it is now and until there is a change you need to contact the Russian dealer if you want to get your device updated to 20.1
    I'm very sorry for the inconvenience but there is nothing more I can do."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12