Adding livescope

2019 Cougar Iam adding livescope to boat and was looking for input on best way to do this.
    Where you got power from. Did you run more power wires to front? Where did you locate black box?
    Did you add separate battery to run it?

You can tap into power in the front, I run mine off the accessory switch. I would get the extension cable and run the black box in the starboard rod locker against the center or back wall. I run 2 HDS Live 12s and a Garmin 1026 and Livescope off my Batteries Plus X2 cranking battery, works so far for 1 year.

3. Member
    Thanks

4. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    I’m adding a small lithium battery to run mine so it’s independent of everything else and I don’t have to cut into a bunch of wires to install. This thing is a power hog from what I’ve been told you better be running a heavy 31AGM if you go that route
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat2012 View Post
    I’m adding a small lithium battery to run mine so it’s independent of everything else and I don’t have to cut into a bunch of wires to install. This thing is a power hog from what I’ve been told you better be running a heavy 31AGM if you go that route
    Where are you locating battery.
    i was thinking about mounting black box in starboard rod locker

6. Member
    I added the update wire that BCB sells. 6 to the console and 10 to the bow with the breaker. That worked fine untill i added the livescope. Me and my coworker custom made a heavy duty buss bar to add the extra wiring. I feel like the wiring is suffiecient. I run the northstar 31 battery. It does ok and has not left me stranded, but i have been contemplating added a small house battery just for the electronics. Some have good success with the big agm. Though i believe it all depends how long one stays fishing in one area before moving and running the alternator from the motor. This is my biggest downfall. I tend to keep the troller down!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

A 2019 Cougar FTD already has the harness with 6 gauge to 10 gauge ans you may want to add a buss bar at the bow.

8. Member
    Ok, about to have to do this. What's the correct bit to use to drill the new hole? Best spot on a PII?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Ok, about to have to do this. What's the correct bit to use to drill the new hole? Best spot on a PII?
    What hole are you referring too?
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    What hole are you referring too?
    Pretty sure I responded to the wrong thread. I thought I was responding to one where guys were explaining how they ran the livescope transducer. Holes with clam shells over them. Must have had multiple tabs open and let my work distract me from my message boarding.