Thread: Lower unit?

Lower unit?

I’ve got a buddy looking for either a good used or reman lower unit for a 96 evinrude 150. What would be the best way to go & best place to find this? Thanks

2. Member
    Give a call to Riverside remanufacturing, Little Rock AR or SEI lower units

3. Member
    Bighare, just found out it’s a model number e150gledb. Any idea the gear ratio on this gear case? Thanks

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    1.86:1

5. Member
    Thank you sir. SE has 1.85 & 1.87 to 1 which one would you go with.

6. Member
    The SEI case replacement for your motor has 12 teeth on the pinion gear and 22 teeth on the forward and reverse gear, making it a 1.83

7. Member
    Thank you sir.

Check with the infamous Rude196...he had issues with his gearcase a while back. I can't recall the details but I think getting his rebuilt failed, then a reman failed and he eventually went with a new gearcase. That may have not been how it went down but I do recall he had issues. He has some experience with finding a rebuilt case and or possibly a new gearcase. If you don't have his cell you can contact him on the other site the three of us visit on a daily basis.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Check with the infamous Rude196...he had issues with his gearcase a while back. I can't recall the details but I think getting his rebuilt failed, then a reman failed and he eventually went with a new gearcase. That may have not been how it went down but I do recall he had issues. He has some experience with finding a rebuilt case and or possibly a new gearcase. If you don't have his cell you can contact him on the other site the three of us visit on a daily basis.
    Gene thanks. He's calling Eddie aka gearcase man to see what he comes up with, but i'll let him know that too. If he could find a good case & have it rebuild by Eddie they'd probably be better off all the way around, but the sei 3 year warranty is hard for anybody to compete with too so i don't know what he'll do. I'd say what Eddies says is what he'll do honestly because he knows his stuff.