Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USPS and covid -19

I am getting ready to head to work as a city carrier for usps. I have to go in early to do an hour of clerk work because clerks are not available. I then have to train a new woman to deliver my route. She's doing a good job at a terrible time at the post office. She should have quit by now. 14 years ago I would have. I will then beg borrow or steal a postal vehicle to deliver packages all day. By afternoon I will check on everybody and deliver some to make sure everybody gets home before dark. Get back to office I will then get the garbage out to the curb and mop(nobody else available for custodial). Lock the doors and turn off the lights. I will then goto the store and buy beer, corona light. Go home and get drunk. Cook dinner and buy stuff on the swap and sell board. this is what I do 6 days a week.
    According to the union, nalc, 35 letter carriers have died from covid -19. Please thank your letter carrier at some point, he probably is having a bad day. Every day.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

2. Member
    I'm sorry, he or she is having a bad day.

3. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

4. Member
    How e it gets better soon

Hang in there. Mom, step dad and 2 close friends are retired usps. Sister in law is a rural carrier. 75% of our post office are out due to covid. It's a mess.

6. Member
    Each day you can walk out and say to yourself I left it better than I found it, my letter carrier is wonderful. Blessings to all letter carriers right now.

7. Member
    doing the best you can I am sure. Hang in there it will get better.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    I am getting ready to head to work as a city carrier for usps. I have to go in early to do an hour of clerk work because clerks are not available. I then have to train a new woman to deliver my route. She's doing a good job at a terrible time at the post office. She should have quit by now. 14 years ago I would have. I will then beg borrow or steal a postal vehicle to deliver packages all day. By afternoon I will check on everybody and deliver some to make sure everybody gets home before dark. Get back to office I will then get the garbage out to the curb and mop(nobody else available for custodial). Lock the doors and turn off the lights. I will then goto the store and buy beer, corona light. Go home and get drunk. Cook dinner and buy stuff on the swap and sell board. this is what I do 6 days a week.
    According to the union, nalc, 35 letter carriers have died from covid -19. Please thank your letter carrier at some point, he probably is having a bad day. Every day.
    sounds like they are lucky to have you. Hang in there!
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

Thank you for what you do!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

Quote Originally Posted by OkieLure View Post
    Thank you for what you do!
    Yes, Thank you for working hard! We appreciate it.

11. Member
    Thank you for posting. Most on here would cuss a postal employee at Walmart just because.......but they have no idea what they go through my daughter is a post master and it is like they added triple the work and they same pay for 8 hours wasn’t long ago they cut hours in half for most offices who on this board will take that and have a good attitude after working for a company for 20 years

12. Member
    Hang in there buddy, thanks for the hard work and hope you stay safe and get your well deserved break.

13. Member
    The OP speaks the truth. Wife and I both retired USPS and I can't imagine what carriers and inside workers are facing every day.

In all likelihood the OP is having it worse than he even says. I can recall some managers who were a real pain tn the a$$ as well as some customers who were less than kind.

Hang in there.

Praying for you. Hope the struggle is eased real soon.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

The OP is too devoted for his own health & wellbeing. Don't take out the trash, don't mop the floor, and for God's sake, buy some better beer! Love ya, Man! I worked part time during college. Dumping bags of magazine in the back of the building in 90 F. summer heat sucked.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

16. Member
    we almost got our station fully back. only one gone from covid now we were missing 8-9 all december out of 30 carriers. Now if the plants can get the backed up mail too us. most of my customers realize its not the carriers fault. first time in my life last week i got asked where are my bills lol
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

I have said this over and over on this forum——

My letter carriers, UPS driver, FedEx driver, even Prime driver when they deliver—— ALL do a great job.

I don’t have a sidewalk in front of our house, but The driveway and walkway up to my front door are always clean and dry before anyone has to walk on it. I even put the self propelled snow blower in transport mode and make a path through the yard over to the neighbors property.

I have even had different letter carriers thank me for having a safe path to deliver. There should be no reason a property owner ( residential or commercial) should not have a safe walkway or driveway.

18. Banned
    My Wife worked at the Post Office in Ca.

maybe we can get some to sign-up?

Stay healthy, don't get drunk 6 days a week.

Lots of us here are quick to attack the post office, when we don't get their goods when we want them, regardless of the circumstances they are working in.

20. Member
    4 nights a week???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast