Thread: Pin Pedestal?

Pin Pedestal?

I have a 2002 520vx I purchased in Oct. It came with a Deck Extension that I am thinking about trying to add a 3rd seat. In the floor these a White fitting I assume a Pin Pedestal of some type goes it to give me a 3rd seat. What type/brand pedestal do I need? The Front and back seats have the 3/4 inch( I think that the size) Round Springfield pedestals without long pin.

Thanks

2. Member
    If you have 3/4” pin type bases,they are after market. Ranger used the large pole bases at the time. Not sure exactly but they were about 1 7/8”, no way to mistake the two. For the 3/4” base,they are generic,you can get bases and poles at BPS, Walmart or most any marine dealer.

3. Member
    Here is picture of fitting I am trying to find a pedestal that fits in1027201511~2.jpg

4. Member
    Dumb question and I have not checked but could that be just a Removable plug that just covers and protects the actual hole for Pedestal?

Wondering if that hole is for a pole that gives more support to the deck extension?
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

6. Member
    Was wondering also if that might be for some sort of support. The previous owner just gave me the Deck extension and not much info. The Extension has a hole in it which appears was made for a pedestal to go though up the hole larger than any Pedestal opening I have ever seen.

What's the measurement of the hole? Maybe previous owner cut his own to mount who knows what but with the measurement, you'd be able to figure out a possible solution.

If it were my boat, I'd start over, salvaging the hardware, and DIY a new extension with no holes. Add more vertical support underneath, pick the pedestal/base you want and not worry about it anymore.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

8. Member
    I am sure he did rig this extension up himself. It fits perfect and nice tight fit. Will get some measurements and see if I can figure something out