Gt36uhd clips/review

Well here are two sidevu and one clearvu videos. Really didn’t get what I wanted with the sidevu but hopefully got enough that you all can make a judgment. It definitely is a powerful transducer with much more range at 1070khz than the 34/54 transducers and I think the images are equally as good. I didn’t play with 810khz much but I did with 455khz and it’s a beast (in a good way). With the exception of Ice Blue I really don’t care for the other color palettes, something just looks off with them to me. It is better than the gt30 across the board. Is it $200 better? I I’ll let those of you who are thinking about getting one be the judge of that . Is it a step in the right direction? Yes I think so. Is there room for improvement? Yes, we the consumer are never happy . Being a new guy to Garmin take my opinion with a grain of salt. Still have much to learn but enjoying the process .

2. Member

3. Member

4. Banned
    2 things that I find odd (and let me disclose that my current SI/DI/2D is with from a Lowrance) when you go directly over a tree, the tree doesn’t show up on both sides of the SI image, it tends to be put to the left. Then those fake washboard lines straight down on the bottom, those things are distracting. I assume there is no way to get rid of it. Other than that, the SI looks good, shows fish and tree shadows really well.

Also curious to know, did you ever try it in water less than 20’?

this is what I mean, by the structure straight below you not showing up on both sides of the SI.

5. Member
    Looks good, defiantly a improvement on range compared to the GT 34. I like how that zoom window picks out those fish.
    I am sure those washboard lines are caused by the extreme slope- bottom composition. Looks like a mountainous type lake.
    I just installed a GT 56. Ready to try it..

6. Member
    I have used the GT56 twice now and i am more and more amazed at the images at least as compared to my Lowrance units. Thanks for sharing. I am still tweeking the settings but out of the box settings are even decent.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    2 things that I find odd (and let me disclose that my current SI/DI/2D is with from a Lowrance) when you go directly over a tree, the tree doesn’t show up on both sides of the SI image, it tends to be put to the left. Then those fake washboard lines straight down on the bottom, those things are distracting. I assume there is no way to get rid of it. Other than that, the SI looks good, shows fish and tree shadows really well.

Also curious to know, did you ever try it in water less than 20’?

this is what I mean, by the structure straight below you not showing up on both sides of the SI.

Here are a couple of images with the split look. I’m guessing I was off center enough to not get the split look your talking about. As for the washboard look I don’t know. It is a deep deep canyon lake but it didn’t do on 455khz. I’m hoping one of the Garmin experts will chime in .
    CBDB96C9-2230-4C07-BBD9-5CF559035F3B.jpeg
    88D8EBE3-A748-4B38-A83A-EB19102DD13F.jpeg

Here’s a clip from Thursday (different lake). It’s about as shallow as I get with the lakes I fish around here and it was two hours away . I didn’t post it cause there wasn’t much structure. On the right side those are reeds and cattails just off shore.

8. Member

Lake level fluctuation

Here is a clip I made yesterday to give you a example of much fluctuation in water level there is here. This particular lake holds one million acre feet and when full is at about 900’ elevation. It currently is at 221 thousand acre feet and an elevation of 760’. You can can do the math . And this happens annually. Here lately it doesn’t fill all the way because of the lack of rain and snow. I’ve always been amazed at how the bass even find time to spawn. Evolution I guess. It takes almost three minutes to get from where it would be full to where the water level is now.

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Dam, that's a pretty big fluctuation.....just crazy....of course where i'm at our "fluctuation" always goes up above pool and then floods....so for this year seems to be normal....last 2-3 yrs, things have been flooded so bad you can fish for about 6 months, thats just certain lakes i fish...

Grout, you made the comment about the washboard effect, looking at the video above this, you can see those "rings" as he drives down to the water......

That GT36 looks pretty good to me.....now the temptation of sticking what my GT30.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Dam, that's a pretty big fluctuation.....just crazy....of course where i'm at our "fluctuation" always goes up above pool and then floods....so for this year seems to be normal....last 2-3 yrs, things have been flooded so bad you can fish for about 6 months, thats just certain lakes i fish...

Grout, you made the comment about the washboard effect, looking at the video above this, you can see those "rings" as he drives down to the water......

That GT36 looks pretty good to me.....now the temptation of sticking what my GT30.....
    That’s what it was for me (temptation). I was just disappointed in the 34 after the last update. Kinda like the perspective update for livescope it affected some worse than others. I’m not smart enough to understand why I just know that it did. The 36 is really good to 40’ depth range. I think if you’re fishing 25’ or less the image quality will be much better than the 30/34/54. I’ll keep the 30 for a backup just in case. I’ve only been out twice with the 36 so still lots to learn. I’ll be out tomorrow and Monday to learn some more .

11. Banned
    Shallow looks really good.

12. Member
    Wow Have to pour boat ramps in steps

13. Member
    Nice videos, crazy lake levels. I can see why it would be hard to find fish and structure in 30 fow or less.

14. Member
    On the right side those are reeds and cattails just off shore.
    more pics of weeds, please

I know....wrong time of year for it. But ive been curious if the new xdcrs show weeds better than previous