Synchronizing the oil pump

2001 ox66 225 ,plastic rod joint was cracked so I replaced it the book says to adjust the oil pump lever so it touches the stopper with the throttle closed? Seems like I remember there being a little bit of Gap there,which I guess would make it run a little rich? Should I put a little Gap in it or should I follow the book? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I cannot remember on mine. I'll look in my book. You do use a feeler gauge. Iset mine little above the book spec. I also put a little blue light thread locker on the joint so it could not vibrate out of adjustment.

3. Member
    Remind me tomorrow and i'll look it up in my book.

4. Member
    Great thank you

5. Member
    It is supposed to have 1mm or .04" with the throttle plates closed in the bore, NOT aginst the idle stop screw. I always put a small gap between the arm and the stop screw with the throttle on the idle adjustment screw with no issues. Be aware the manual has a misprint saying .4" it is supposed to be .04. Put a small gap and be sure it moves with the throttle and you should be fine. I have seen different manuals say different things so not a huge deal. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

6. Member
    .03 - .04 is about the thickness of paper. Not much