250ss prop question

Hey guys. Currently running a 27 pitch 4 blade Suzuki prop with my 2003 Triton TR21. With 2 guys and fully loaded, live wells full, it takes a bit to get on plane. Otherwise it gets on plane fine and always runs about 66-69 top speed. Looking into getting a Scorpion 3 blade after watching videos and reading how they are the best prop out there for the Suzuki 250ss.
    Would I want to stay with the same pitch or go down or up at all?

I think you would run a 25 Scorpion if the 27 suzuki prop is giving you the correct RPM at WOT. They say that the Scorpion run stiff and thats why I mentioned the 25.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I now own Brandon Cards 2018 Lynx which is a heavy boat as well and I was having issues with getting on plane when I first got it. He told me that he was running a 27P Solas Scorpion the season he owned it and had no issues getting on pad (3 to 4 seconds he stated). But he was also running lithium batteries as well. I tried running a 27P Scorpion prop on it, but the prop I had was dinged up and was the older style which had the small vent holes in it and I've to try it with the newer style. Currently I'm running a PT Prop BRVR4 28P which is similar to the Mercury Bravo 1 I believe and I've had zero issues with it and my top end is 71 so far.

Lastly, since you are in a Triton, Elite Angler posted the video below in his 05 TR-21X while running a Croxton Razor 4 26P. After talking to him a few months ago, now that he has it broke in and finally adjusted, his top end is 72 MPH.

2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.