Froggin rod or jig rod

Ok guys I have a dilemma I have 3 rods that by all info I have looked at are good for both application

I wanna hear everyone's input on which they recommend for my circumstances..
    1.. megabass destroyer valdivia

2.. alx toadface

3.. megabass orochi xx perfect pitch.
    Which do u guys like for each.
    One will be jig rod, one hollow frog and one buzzing frog

Thanks and all input welcome
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

Quote Originally Posted by NRXfever View Post
    Ok guys I have a dilemma I have 3 rods that by all info I have looked at are good for both application

I wanna hear everyone's input on which they recommend for my circumstances..
    1.. megabass destroyer valdivia

2.. alx toadface

3.. megabass orochi xx perfect pitch.
    Which do u guys like for each.
    One will be jig rod, one hollow frog and one buzzing frog

Thanks and all input welcome
    I use the Megabass Orochi XX Perfect Pitch for frogs and jigs. Buzztoads get the Diablo Spec R. The Valdivia is listed as a frog rod and I will use it for that when I need to make longer casts. It makes a really good jig rod too.

Never fished the ALX but I have tons of time in hand with the Perfect Pitch. Not much that rod won’t do. It’s great for pitching, jigs, frogs, and even smaller swimbaits. Like Mark mentioned, the Valdivia is great when you want to launch a frog a mile and not have to worry dragging fish out of cover or thick grass. It has enough sensitivity to fish heavier jigs as well and enough backbone to move fish on a long cast like when fishing a jig off shore.

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I use the Perfect Pitch 90% for frogs and the other 10% dragging 3/4+ oz football jigs around. It'll do buzztoads just fine but I prefer the XX Tour Versatile or Daemos for them.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I use the Megabass Orochi XX Perfect Pitch for frogs and jigs. Buzztoads get the Diablo Spec R. The Valdivia is listed as a frog rod and I will use it for that when I need to make longer casts. It makes a really good jig rod too.
    My thoughts were the alx toadface for buzz frogs and toads .. just wondered sensitivity wise which would be the better choice between jigs and hollow body frogs .. assume the destroyer but could be wrong
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

Valdiva = Jig Rod
    Perfect Pitch = Frog Rod
    Toadface = Toad Rod

Despite the Valdiva being marketed as a frog rod first, it's a better jig rod than a frog rod in my opinion. The Perfect Pitch is an outstanding frog rod despite being marketed as a pitching/jig rod, which it does very well also. The Toadface has a very nice action for loading toads and frogs, though I prefer it in lighter cover situations than where I'd be comfortable using the Perfect Pitch.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Valdiva = Jig Rod
    Perfect Pitch = Frog Rod
    Toadface = Toad Rod

Despite the Valdiva being marketed as a frog rod first, it's a better jig rod than a frog rod in my opinion. The Perfect Pitch is an outstanding frog rod despite being marketed as a pitching/jig rod, which it does very well also. The Toadface has a very nice action for loading toads and frogs, though I prefer it in lighter cover situations than where I'd be comfortable using the Perfect Pitch.
    I'll start by saying that Gary's opinion on MB rods is typically close if not directly in-line with my experiences.

I've used Gen 1 XX Perfect Pitch rods for all 3 of the techniques mentioned for several years, it can do all 3 well IMHO. A longer rod with a slightly softer tip would be IDEAL for how I fish buzz toads (covering large amounts of water) and when I'm fishing no grass to sparse grass I prefer the Destroyer FMJ for jigs. If I had to pick the XX Perfect Pitch for only 1 of those 3 techniques, it would be frogs.

I haven't fished with the ALX or Valdiva.

8. Member
    I have had the Perfect Pitch for a couple years. I love it for pitching in heavy cover (especially bushes on Kentucky lake). I really don't like it for throwing football jigs. IMO it doesnt have enough tip for me. I like a softer tip for setting the hook and casting. Again some people like a very fast tip for football jigs. I don't. I havent used it to throw frogs but I probably should. I think it would make a good frog rod.

9. Member
    Perfect pitch is sweet! I like it for a frog rod, texas rigs, jigs, buzzbaits, spinnerbaits..man its versatile

10. Member
    You can do all of those with a Conquest 904C.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    You can do all of those with a Conquest 904C.
    Above my affordability I'm afraid lol
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury