2014 225 Pro XS lower unit ?'s & engine oil leak

2014 225 Pro XS serial number 2B015594.

Need to know the part number for impeller kit. Should I replace housing too? ~80 hours on motor.

Also, is this a verado style lower unit?

I would like to get a spare hub kit for it, need to know which Flo-Torq hub kit fits, is the flo-torq II standard for this motor or go with the SSR?

Also any advice on a small leak in the oil pump. I tightened the bottom hex bolt almost 1/2 a turn, it was looser than the other 2 hex bolts, but I haven't had a chance to see if its leaking anymore. Can I just replace the o-ring behind the pump or will the entire pump need to be replaced? Can this be done at home or does pump need to be primed via computer?

Thanks in advance this forum is great.

2. Member
    817275a08 should have all you need including top housing might not need it but youll have it /835257k6 is hub kit ssr is for 1.25 propshaft yours is 1 in / small propshaft , black , no skegg wedge, drain behind prop in carrier ?????? =yes verado/ replace pump and have reprime done NOT breakin reset, THANK YOU for your appreciation
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Awesome thanks for the info. I’ll order the parts I can do myself then get the boat into the shop for oil leak. Thanks.
    2014 Nitro Z8
    Mercury 225 Pro XS #2B015594
    Garmin 8612xsv, 126 Ultra & Livescope
    NE Oklahoma

4. Member
    So yes it is 1" verado style lower unit. I replaced impeller no problems also did fuel filter, checked thermostats, lower unit grease, spark plugs etc. She's running great.

But I still want a spare Flo-torq hub kit and I need to know which one fits this lower unit. I'm buying a Fury prop to try it out and down grading my tempest to spare (at least that's the plan) so I wanted a spare hub kit to stay inside the spare prop. 2, 3, 4? Which one fits?
    2014 Nitro Z8
    NE Oklahoma

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    835257K6 is the Flo-Torq II Hub Kit.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks Don!
    2014 Nitro Z8
    NE Oklahoma

The Basscat Store has the Flo Torq II on clearance.

https://basscatstore.com/basscatmeasuringboard-1.aspx

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. Member
    Believe I have a NIB FT-II hub kit on my dresser (don't know why I put it there) and I'd be happy to make you a deal.

Just checked, it's exact same as one in link provided by 06 except I must have used the lock washer, everything else is there and unused. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by SilverFox579; 01-28-2021 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Add info
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax