Vented Motor Covers

Does anyone run a vented motor cover on the V8 pro xs? What is your preference and why?

2. Member
    I have a RMP vented cover on mine but usually take it off when operating engine. It is vented so should get enough air to engine.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

I had a custom one built right after I got this 250R It looks great and fits super tight (was tough to put on) but fit like a glove.. I left it on for a couple of months before I pulled it off to see if it was rubbing and bug season was over. The first thing I noticed---no doubt this boat/mtr runs better without it.
    My thought for now are to build a deflector that fits in the rear seat pedestal for towing. only put cover on if I know I'll be fishing in flooded timber, brush etc.

4. Member
    I also have a RMP vented cover on mine. I put it on because i fish a small lake with cypress trees and boat houses and docks everywhere. It prevents the cowling from being scratched when you are amongst the trees and by the docks. I run with it on and it is vented so I don't see a problem doing that. My preference for the RMP cover was availability and price. Seems like they are all made at the same place. There is one individual making them himself and he adds a flap on top so you can access the hatch if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by chasesfish View Post
    I also have a RMP vented cover on mine. I put it on because i fish a small lake with cypress trees and boat houses and docks everywhere. It prevents the cowling from being scratched when you are amongst the trees and by the docks. I run with it on and it is vented so I don't see a problem doing that. My preference for the RMP cover was availability and price. Seems like they are all made at the same place. There is one individual making them himself and he adds a flap on top so you can access the hatch if you need to.
    thats the one I have you can check oil or open hood latch while it's on.. he also put the Merc Racing 250 R on it.

6. Member
    I have had one on my 250 four stroke since day 1. DD 26 fishing
    cover fits nice and snug. Yes it’s vented and looks good.
    No run issues either.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    thats the one I have you can check oil or open hood latch while it's on.. he also put the Merc Racing 250 R on it.
    you don’t remember who made that for you do you?

Not off memory.
    I'll look and see If I can find his name. Pretty sure I found it on one of the facebook performance fishing boat places.

My Paypal just says Custom Covers..
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 02-14-2021 at 11:32 AM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Not off memory.
    I'll look and see If I can find his name. Pretty sure I found it on one of the facebook performance fishing boat places.

My Paypal just says Custom Covers..
    i appreciate it either way sir thank you!

Contact Phil Ransonet on Facebook. His are custom,vented and have flap for checking oil. Been happy to send you pics of mine thru email, text message.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Contact Phil Ransonet on Facebook. His are custom,vented and have flap for checking oil. Been happy to send you pics of mine thru email, text message.
    awesome thank you! Just sent him a friend request. Do you happen to remember the price?

Thats me, pm me on FB if i dont respond for info.
    But i do stay very busy and its a part time thing but all hand and custom made.