Forming of different doctrines in the early church

Before you chastise me for posting an Agnostic , I do not agree with everything he says or believes. I do however know he has legitimate issues with our Holy Bible / Christian teachings and rightfully so. I would like to debate Mr. Erhman to show him Jesus was not a failed apocalyptic prophet but rather Jesus fulfilled everything the Father sent him to accomplish.

If you are a student of the Word of God you will find some information in this video very enlightening and some very challenging to your biblical world view.

He talks about Heaven, Hell, Eternal punishment, ever lasting life, the Kingdom of God and discusses how our doctrines in the church have evolved because of the NON FULLFILLMENT of Jesus' prophesies. Of course as a preterist, I believe Jesus fulfilled everything .

It is a long video but one I think you will find enjoyable. Lastly , don't be afraid of atheist or agnostics........Just

2 Timothy 4 : Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine.

2. Member
    The question and answer session at the end of the video. This is great @1:13:40

3. Member
    After having wasted several minute in going through the video, the narrator did not give a reason why did the Jews have a temple and gave sacrifice if they did not believe the the soul lives after death and life is but temporal.
    Jesus speaks clearly about the Kingdom which is in Heaven when He describes it in John 14:2, and speaks of hell in various of His teachings with eternal fire and torment.
    Then, he give a reference of a 30yr old believe that dies suddenly yet not having lived a perfect life. GOD know that we are not capable of living a perfect life since Jesus said that there is no one goog apart of GOD, therefore, the sacrifice at the cross covers his imperfections making them into perfections by Christ on the cross.
    If there is no up or down in the universe, is he looking it from the point of no gravity or directional.

As he refers to the many books he possesses on the many parables Jesus gave in the NT, it makes me wonder whether he is even a believer or a Christian for that matter. Sadly, he will one day find out, and I pray that it is not when he finds himself on bended knee before Christ.

Erhman is not a believer and does not believe in scriptural authority.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

5. Member

6. Member
    General[edit]

The Sadducees rejected the Oral Torah as proposed by the Pharisees. Rather, they saw the written Torah as the sole source of divine authority.[11] The written law, in its depiction of the priesthood, corroborated the power and enforced the hegemony of the Sadducees in Judean society.
    According to Josephus, the Sadducees believed that:

• There is no fate.
    • God does not commit evil.
    • Man has free will; "man has the free choice of good or evil".
    • The soul is not immortal; there is no afterlife.
    • There are no rewards or penalties after death.

The Sadducees did not believe in resurrection of the dead, but believed (contrary to the claim of Josephus) in the traditional Jewish concept of Sheol for those who had died.[12]
    According to the Christian Acts of the Apostles:

• The Sadducees did not believe in resurrection, whereas the Pharisees did. In Acts, Paul chose this point of division to gain the protection of the Pharisees.[13]
    • The Sadducees also rejected the notion of spirits or angels, whereas the Pharisees acknowledged them.[14]

The Sadducees are said to have favored Sirach.[citation needed]

​ Dig, several months ago I talked about the importance of the study of 2TJ ( second temple Judaism) and how that study can help us understand the new testament. Just like today there are many competing views on Jesus, Salvation, Heaven/ Hell, Salvation, Sin ect. Everyone sincerely believes they know the truth and their interpretation is the correct interpretation.

My point all along during my time here at BBC faith forum is just to get people to THINK/ EXAMINE what the Bible actually says!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    Erhman is not a believer and does not believe in scriptural authority.
    I kinda figured he wasn't a believer from all his innuendos and disparaging remarks.