2016 Mercury ProXs 225

Looking at a used boat with a used 2106 225 ProXs with around 80 hours. Warranty ends March 2021 on engine, should I be worried about not having a factory warranty with low hours on this engine?

2. Member
    I just bought a 2005 with 105hrs runs perfect. I think you can call Mercury and get an extended warranty.

3. Member
    ^^^+1 call dealer
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    If you can get, and post, the engine serial number someone here can tell you what product protection that engine has - Gold or Platinum. Factory warranty ended 3yrs after it was put in service.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Factory warranty ends March 2021. I was told by dealer that an extended warranty through Mercury isn’t available. Does anyone have experience with warranties through other companies?

Regardless what the dealer told you, post the serial number and Don may have some ideas.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpress19 View Post
    Factory warranty ends March 2021. I was told by dealer that an extended warranty through Mercury isn’t available. Does anyone have experience with warranties through other companies?
    Get and post the engine serial number so you can get factual information. Regardless of what the current dealer is telling you, that engine had a 3yr factory warranty which started the day it was put in service. It may also have Gold or Platinum product protection plan that expires March 2021, the only way to know is from engine serial number.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There's no such thing as "Extended WARRANTY" (that would actually be a Service Contract).

If the FACTORY Warranty is actually still valid, there's a possibility that Platinum Product Protection IS available.

See if you can get the serial number, and drop me an email.

If your would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Looking at a used boat with a used 2106 225 ProXs with around 80 hours. Warranty ends March 2021 on engine, should I be worried about not having a factory warranty with low hours on this engine?
    I have a 2016 225 Pro XS. Some have said that the 225 Pro XS is the best Mercury Engine Built. All in all my motor is low hours as well with just getting close to 200 at this time. I did my research 2 years ago before making my purchase and the engine model/ size became a definite factor in my decision. I actually targeted boats with that motor. Buy with confidence, your getting a great motor.

10. Member
    minor differences in 3.0L powerheads
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

OK, finally got the serial number: 2B360561

Thoughts?

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You've got a PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Great. Thank you for the information and taking the time to let me know!!

14. Member
    In Feb 19 I bought a 2016 boat with a 250 ProXS that only had 67 hours. In the two plus years it's been flawless and I have the extended service contract . I wouldn't hesitate at all. Treat it like a queen, do the required maintenance and these engines just eat.