Is it ok to kill power to 250 SHO when at home?

It seems that there is a power draw on my starting battery when my Skeeter FX21 - 250SHO (2010 model) is at home. I don't have a battery isolate (disconnect switch) but am considering installing one. My concern is does the computer on the engine need to have power on it all the time for example to maintain some memory settings? A side question is about the obsolete Humminbird Intralink system that I am still using. Do newer FX21 boats have main power kill switches? If anyone knows if that Intralink brain box and for that matter the Skeeter FX brain box (I think it is called DMS) needs to always have power on them please let me know. Thanks

2. Member
    On my FX20, when the boat is off of the water, I use the battery disconnect switch and turn off the power.

Mine is always turned off also.

4. Member
    There is nothing within the ECU or any other parts of the motor that require battery power when the motor is not being used.

5. Member
    I believe but not sure, that some electronics draw a small amount power as they have 2 power wires. Again not certain.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

6. Member
    Do you have Talons?

7. Member
    If you have the faulty dna touch pad system it could be an issue. I went through 2 batteries before I found out that the system was randomly turning on one of the live well pumps on and off until the battery was dead. In 2009 skeeter didn’t put battery switches in their boats. Didn’t find out until one day I was working on the boat for a while and heard it turn on.

8. Member
    Everyone, great input and thanks a lot! I don't have talon or any kind of poles and I don't have a GPS capable trolling motor (just a Fortrex). I hadn't thought that the DMS panel might be bad and draining the current. It is good to know that nothing on the engine needs current to for example maintain some parameter or software settings. I was worried about losing some settings and also that an in-rush of current might hurt the engine computer. Good to know that isn't going to happen. I know the auto float switch on the bilge pump is always powered in case the bilge gets full but I store the boat under cover with the plug pulled so I don't need to keep power on the bilge switch. With your input I'm going to install a battery cut-off switch, it shouldn't hurt anything. If the DMS panel / brain is going bad like a lot have then I'll have to cross that painful, expensive bridge when I get there. Thanks again!