Thread: brineing wings

brineing wings

does anyone do this and if so are there any good recipes for brine.. (first time on pellet grill)

2. Member
    use kosar salt and sugar put in frig for at least 12 hours cook 350 for 1 hour or until tender enjoy

3. Member
    Marinate in zesty italian dressing over night.

4. Member
    I actually did my first batch of wings as my first pellet attempt as well. Didn't brine, just sprinkled with some chicka licka bam bam and some other seasoning.. I can look for you. But I was wanting a dry wing. Cooked them for 2 hours around 250 IIRC . They turned out awesome.

5. Member

6. Member

7. Member
    I use a jerk dry brine. Put in bag in fridge for up to 3 days. Works great for chicken and pork. Available from Miller's meat market in loweville N.Y...
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

8. Member
    What I do is trim them (the tips) and seperate the flats from the drums. I lay them out on a cookie sheet uncovered in the fridge to dry the skin out some (about 2.5-3 hrs.). I then marinade in Moore's marinade for about 20 minutes. I like this marinade better than brine, and the skin turns out more edible and not rubbery.

9. Member
    On a pellet grill smoke at a low temp for an hour then crank up the heat to 350 and it will crisp up the skin nicely. I refrigerate mine over night on a baking sheet to dry out the skin. Also a little baking power will help crisp up the skin.