Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Cap went back on today. They still have to glass it back in. Maybe getting it back late next week.

2. Member
    Impressive job! Glad you "discovered" the problem when you did. Congrats on your "new" boat!

3. Member
    Back in one piece and glassed in with all new hoses pumps and valves.

4. Member

5. Member
    Almost done. I should get it back Wednesday. It should be the only 2021 Bumblebee.

Padded deck and recessed trolling motor pedal:

6. Member
    Incredible!

7. Member
    Very nice work

8. Member
    Looking good, so far.

9. Member
    Thanks for taking us along for the ride!
    '01 Champion 203 Elite 225 Yamaha Vmax

10. Moderator
    That's some amazing work.

Yes very nice !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

12. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Very nice job for sure,make sure all the wiring and everything is working correctly before you hit the water with it
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

13. Member
    Trolling motor tray up to high? Or is something under the pedal? Thought the pedal should be flush with deck. Looking great though. I need to do same to my Stratos soon.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

14. Member

Thanks for all the compliments, but remember that Brooks fiberglass in Hazel Green AL did all the work. I picked it up today and drove it straight to the mechanic to get it serviced since it hasn’t been started in almost a year. They will double check everything while it’s there. I am very pleased with how it all turned out. It’s even got that new boat smell when I opened the back compartment. Mr Brooks told me that I would have to learn how to drive it again and it would drive very different and more rigid. I never really got it set up properly when I got the new motor so I will start that process over again to make sure it has the right prop and correct jack plate height. I will do a final update when I get to fish out of it hopefully next weekend, but I guess I am about finished.

As far as the recessed pedal height, I have ran the trolling motor on friends boats and I haven’t seen one that was exactly level, they have all been close to this one.

15. Member
    Keep us posted after you drive it for a bit. The feedback you can provide as to spine improvements, handling improvements, noise levels, etc, is meaningful to those of us who choose your path. Allows for some expectations on completion ourselves. Also post the full contact info for the shop including address, others may want to go your route and let someone else do the project. Looks like great work to me.

16. Member
    Looks Awesome
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

17. Member
    Hate to ask? Ball park figure they charged?
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl

18. Member
    No, ask. I would like to know also. I may get real lazy...............someone rolled in here, bought my class A motorhome, I commented my C7500 12 yard dump truck is going on the chopping block next. Well the same guy came back the next day, bought my dump truck and a grapple I have not used since Katrina. I may get real lazy..................

19. Member
    He starts at $8500 for Coosa transom, floors, and stringers which includes all new carpet. Then I tacked on some extras. When I was asking around, I got one quote from a reputable place for $5500, but that was wood transom and didn’t include all new carpet. Brooks has a guy that worked for Bumblebee and likely built my boat originally. Also Greg Brooks’ father started Stryker boats and that’s where Greg got his start. Greg also owns and fishes out of a Bumble bee. All those things made me comfortable with my decision to go with him.

As far as contact information, just look up Brooks Fiberglass in Hazel Green AL. He doesn’t have any Internet presence at all.
    Last edited by hydroplane; 03-12-2021 at 09:01 AM.

20. Member
    Thank you for posting!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast