Fixing a hooked hull

I have a nitro z7 with a hooked hull. No warranty. Has anyone on here ever had any experience with this? I've heard from people second hand that it can be filled , but would love to hear from first hand experience. thanks

Needs to be taken off trailer to see how far it’s out...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Read this post. Has pictures, explanations, and fixes.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1022839

4. Member
    Sometimes hook and rocker are designed into the hull. google it, there is a reason for it.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    Sometimes hook and rocker are designed into the hull. google it, there is a reason for it.
    True but not with the Nitro Z7s. There was a batch where Tracker screwed up royally and consumers are footing the bill.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    True but not with the Nitro Z7s. There was a batch where Tracker screwed up royally and consumers are footing the bill.

Then the molds would have to be trash, and they would have to pull a plug, straighten that out and build a new mold off the plug..
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

7. Member
    I got the opportunity the other day to pass my hand all over the underside of a Allison Drag Boat. It was on a auto 4 post lift, still on the trailer, is how it is stored in the owners shop. Anyway Allison puts a "Wedge" on the keel/transom for control & stability. Many people confuse a wedge with a hook. A hook is long and shallow where a Wedge is much shorter and more pronounced. Wedges are commonly on chine terminations at the stern of the hull. If you put a straight edge 12in or more forward and see a 1/4in or greater light under the straight edge for any real distance that is a hook. Hooks will cause different driving behavior depending location and severity, or size. The Allison was Ultra Straight. My Champion 171 is Ultra Straight, very easy to see when the straight edge has no reveal of light. Both of my blazers were full of hooks and handle horribly unless a prop like a Michigan Apollo, Raker, etc that has a lot of bow lift an holds water tightly on the blades that helps to dampen the hull corrections induced by the hooks. Just my 2 cents.
    To add........any boat can get a hook in it while still green if pulled from the mold too early.
    Last edited by rojoguio; 01-27-2021 at 06:05 AM.