Thread: 2021 swap meet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2021 swap meet

Ok, here we go. I have reserved the Bay Shelter at Dodge park #4 for Saturday May 22nd, no generators, alcohol, bounce houses. This will be rain or shine as a deposit has been put down for the reservation. The park opens at 8:00am hope to see you there.

2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    No bounce house? I'm out! I've never been to a swap met and probably won't be able to make it to this one, but my hats off to you for all of your effort to plan and host this yearly event.

4. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    Bob
    Good on you for keeping the swap meet going. I like what you did very smart
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

5. Member
    Thanks Bob. Dang covid.
    Wave Therapy

thanks guys, i'm hoping to keep the silent auction going this year also, all proceeds going to the UoM cancer center. More calls to make

7. dartag1829
    We can all take turns catching the bed fish. Should be on big time then.

well I've lost my contact information for the UoM thing, even the link from last years post is not working, so i guess we shall go on without the auction this year, unless they call me before May

pic/paper tourny?

so, may 22nd is it, well i lost contact with the "fishingforacure" folks, their FB site is gone, So it looks like for now no real need for the silent auction this year, unless it's put to use for the shelter rental, $160. On another note Josh Miller
    will be setting up a table/cabana for the Lawrence Technological University Bass Fishing Team, the team is looking for high school students to join them in learning and fishing, so if you know any high school students that might be interested please send them and their parents an invite.

11. Member
    Got to keep the silent auction going, i get some cool stuff from that table. (mike's stuff, plus i got 2 rods last year) Pay for the shelter and maybe leftover $ to a new benefactor next year, or even for shelter next year. Got to keep this thing going...it's the only time i get to see you all.......
    Wave Therapy

that is/was the plan, i'll bring all the note pads and pens and we'll see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post
    Got to keep the silent auction going, i get some cool stuff from that table. (mike's stuff, plus i got 2 rods last year) Pay for the shelter and maybe leftover $ to a new benefactor next year, or even for shelter next year. Got to keep this thing going...it's the only time i get to see you all.......

13. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by bob o View Post
    pic/paper tourny?
    That brings back memories of a paper event on Cass. Winner had 22.5 pounds. They caught the same 4.5 pounder on a bed 5 times. saw him do it. We only caught it once. Guess as long as it is a 5.00 entry like the DK I would be in.

I think fishing will dominate/take away from the purpose of the swap meet. Who wants to sit on the bank and talk about fishing when you can actually go do it?

I'll probably come... Not sure about taking my boat. If the weather is nice, I'm betting the swap meet part will fall short.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

we shall see
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I think fishing will dominate/take away from the purpose of the swap meet. Who wants to sit on the bank and talk about fishing when you can actually go do it?

I'll probably come... Not sure about taking my boat. If the weather is nice, I'm betting the swap meet part will fall short.

Ttt
    Brad Luchsinger

2003 Allison XB-21 BasSport 2+2
    2004 Mercury Racing 250XS

1998 Xpress X70
    1998 Yamaha Vmax 150 TRP

2002 Triton 200XP

17. dartag1829

That time of year there will be about 50 fish on beds. You can catch each one and be back on shore by noon. The pavilion Bob reserved is big so we will stay dry if it rains.

Not a bad idea... Fish til noon, Then come join the party. 50 fish on beds? Maybe in one area. I hate to bother all those little buck bass (1-1.5lbs)

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

19. dartag1829
    Not a bad idea... Fish til noon, Then come join the party. 50 fish on beds? Maybe in one area. I hate to bother all those little buck bass (1-1.5lbs)
    They are all over the lake that time of year in 10 feet or less.

20. dartag1829
    Couple weeks away. Should be fun'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast