Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Just wait until lumber prices get reasonable again.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    That’s what I am going to use in my new boat shed. 34 X 24 I am going to use it on ceilings and walls. Anything else is just too expensive.
    Lowe’s has a bulk discount too. When I priced it the other day I think it was going to be under $10per sheet with bulk discount.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Fixing to get me some 3/4" treated plywood for a floor in a shed and it is around $48 a pop for a 4'x8' sheet. Got to have it so...
    I just put two sheets of 3/4 treated plywood on the floor of my shed,$56 a sheet at Lowe’s. Had to have it though as I had stepped through the floor in two places. Once prices come down,I’m going to replace all the floor. Need four more sheets but not at those prices.

4. Banned
    Thought about waiting for a drop also after i get all the framing done and roof covered.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by erico View Post
    Attachment 436324

Not sure on price, but I went with pine ship lap boards.
    Wow that is terrific looking.....I used the same stuff for the ceilings when I finished my basement

6. Member
    I've seen laminate flooring on walls. Some of that stuff would look really cool in a garage.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    panel liner is already baked finish white, its just a thinner gauge metal building panel. Would need to run 1x's horizontal to studs to mount it on. Washable and looks good.
    I know someone that use this stuff for a 4-H pig barn and wash rack for his steers. Did not ask him the price but it looked really nice is his barn.

8. Member
    Attachment 436324

beautiful man cave... congrats

9. Banned
    Tongue and groove knotty pine or something similar on the walls and sheetrock the ceiling. If you're going to get jacked on cost might as well make it look nice
    My 30×30 is insulated but not finished and I have been thinking about doing this one wall at a time. Now isn't the best time but I might be able to get a good deal on bulk rough stuff. Gonna start looking in the spring.

10. Banned
    Attachment 436324

Like this

11. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    I have done this on a couple garages in the past and I like being able to put screws wherever. I am going to need to redo a outbuilding with some old asbestos sheeting on the walls (I am familiar with the hazards of revomal). I was going to install OSB again but it's $30-40 a sheet!! So looking for a different alternative in 4x8 sheets. What ya got??
    I just did my garage. I used 1/4" mahogany underlay (Lauan). It was half the price of aspenite (OSB?). Looks great!
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

12. Member
    Attachment 436324

I really like the look of this, nice job.

13. Member

14. Banned
    I thought about something similar to this but my walls are 9' 6" so it would need it hung sideways with but ends which I would like to avoid, unless you can get it in 10' sheets? Do they have anything similar in 10' sheets I'm wondering?

15. Member

The problem with this and 3/8 drywall, is you can't really hang anything on the wall without a backing. If you are going just for coverup, it'll work.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    The problem with this and 3/8 drywall, is you can't really hang anything on the wall without a backing. If you are going just for coverup, it'll work.
    Good point and it might even have a tendency to buckle without a million fasteners.

It takes some time, but I broke down a bunch of pallets and put the boards up in one of the walls in my garage. I put up 1/4" OSB on the studs and then painted it black to give it a backdrop first since all the pallet boards don't line up correctly. It's still a work in progress, but coming along nicely. I put the boards up using a nail gun and put all of them on studs you can have an idea on where to put screws to hang heavy items on the wall.

2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Member
    Meadows - very nice! Never thought about using pallet boards. Hhhmmmm. Have an unlimited supply from work

That looks really cool meadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    Meadows - very nice! Never thought about using pallet boards. Hhhmmmm. Have an unlimited supply from work
    That's where I got mine too. Been saving them for like 2 years lol
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast